1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

No blowouts.

Discussion in 'General UTXMP Discussion' started by Hanover_Fist, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Hanover_Fist

Hanover_Fist Hero

Alright, here's a chance for you veterans to the original XMP to show some love.

Plain and simple, don't rape the newbies. If you do, then you are seriously going to damage a potential flourishing community.

XMP gameplay is extremely complex, and anyone that is going to try it for the first time is going to be completely lost. Don't take advantage of that.

Help out, if it means just spamming explanations and not playing, then do just that.

Thanks. :D

2. CaSCaDe

CaSCaDe gaem freak in 3 dimensions

3. .pot.OptimusPrime

.pot.OptimusPrime Philosopher stoned

It´s easier said than to really try to avoid terrible raping. I mean, it´s not easy to lower your skills for few newbies when there are still the old veterans shooting at you simultaneously. I like teaching stuff to new people but they have been pretty uncommon for the last six months. Let´s see how the servers are crowded again. :)

The newbies also have to be somewhat humble in the beginning. I got bashed in the beginning terribly (which was of course due to my poor hardware...) but I didn´t become frustrated. There´s simply so much to do in the field that you simply don´t have to be in combat all the time. You always become gradually better and better, the key is just to observe what the better players do and see what you can adapt to your own playing style.

4. Naib

Naib New Member

It's not really about that, but more about being nice when they make tactical mistakes. For example if someone is spamming turrets when energy is low, be polite when you explain why it's bad

5. Jaybo

Jaybo Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor

12m will be running a Newbie server

Point them all there and I will personally teach everyone.

People who "havent" the time for newbies should also consider the reason why they are called "newbies" ... taken from the word "new" which could translate to them throwing the game out the window if they dont get that "feel good" factor. Joe Bloggs sat in a Jugg spawnkilling isnt "feel good" factor.

So heres a suggestion... Be nice and help newbies, or we will end up with 20 clans again and no Clanbase cups...and THAT will be a shame.

6. Naib

Naib New Member

Jaybo's Gas Spam Academy? :D

7. Jaybo

Yes, the 1st lesson to all newbies will be.

1. If attacked by anyone...throw gas at them

2. If your team mate is coming home with the arti...cover him with gas

3. If your team mate is coming home with arti..DONT gas him

4. If XMP-Miasma gets converted...ALWAYS gas the tunnel. When your graphics card dies...then you have dropped enough gas in the tunnel and proceed to hacking the door

5. If for whatever reason you get lost, or dont know what to do...throw gas flares at the clouds

:)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  8. .pot.OptimusPrime

:(
    That´s pretty much what we´re gonna see when new folks realize that tech is the ULTRA TURBO CHEESE EASYKILL NUB CLA$$. No problem with blowing them up but it´s annoying when there are ten gassing techs in the game.

9. Jaybo

nothings changed then...techs spam gas.. Its a "technical" process...having to take into account the direction and velocity of the wind...

/err

etc

10. |pure|Destruction

|pure|Destruction New Member

I wont be easy on newbs, ill play just as hard as ever. But once in a while I see one who is jus totally confused and Ill leave him alone. I also have a soft spot for 56kers since I was one myself for a long time.

11. Skipr

Skipr New Member

I am gonna kill every single one of them!

/\Flippr

12. [DF]phalanx

[DF]phalanx bgutblower=true

i'm a recruit every single one of em and train em into killing machines and send em to splat the vets :p

13. Nemephosis

Nemephosis Earning my Infrequent Flier miles

You do realize if you don't give new people a chance, you're going to have an even smaller community than you did in U2XMP?

14. Maxx

Maxx Bite Me

My primary focus on the pubs will be to help new players. I have no interest in taking the pubs seriously.

15. .pot.OptimusPrime

Agreed. Mutilating noobs is stupid in the long run. We need proper manuals for beginners that give concrete gameplay tips and hints for teamplay.No matter if they couldn´t place turrets properly if they can´t play in TEAM. That´s the thing to teach for newpies. No such bullsh1t as U2 XMP´s tutorial, but a clear, readable and informative document. It should give all the important information that has cumulated during XMP´s year old lifespan. Web manual was kinda useless...
    :(

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
  16. 2tall

2tall Manta Jockey

If you treat newbies like crap you could end up like Deathball..........:D

17. cyb

cyb New Member

not possible :rolleyes:

18. toky

toky Gramaton Cleric

If you cant keep your eyes on me, well my suggestion would be too try too.

hmm

:)

19. PhatAzz

PhatAzz Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull

Wot?

20. [pet]owl

[pet]owl New Member

yes help the noobs!!!! We all once had no idea how to play this game. And thnaks to certain people we are the vetrans. HELP THE NOOBS