NFS: Undercover

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Most wanted was the first I played and, like others, it was the cop chases that really made the game. I didn't think Carbon was all that lame. It was fun...not MW fun, but still fun.

Pro Street sucked a big harry moose penis IMO.
I may give this one a shot....don't know yet.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
This site isn't working for me, but here is what I've thought of the NFS Series:

ProStreet: Uhh...no thanks, didn't even bother playing it past the demo

Carbon: Fun, no real badass cop chases though. I did beat it and the Canyon races were a blast (Especially online!)

Most Wanted: Probably the best of the "new" NFS games. Driving down the highway in an Aston Martin with 12+ cops on your ass was super fun

NFSUG2/UG: Never played them, too much emphasis on rice.

HP2 was OK. It wasn't great by any means and having to drive tracks for MILES (There were some tracks that were like 10 miles per lap weren't there?) was annoying. Plus the cops were pretty stupid and easy to outrun, but it wasn't bad.

PU was great, I have probably beaten that game 2 or 3 times because I just love it's dynamics. There's really no way to get every single car though :(

High Stakes felt like a bad rehash of Hot Pursuit, IMO, and all of the cars looked like they had 4-wheel-drive and sat higher than a Ford F-150.

Then there's Hot Pursuit, oh how I loved thee. The only one I make race tracks for and really got into. I knew the ins and outs of this game. It was also the reason I bought a 3dfx card (No joke)

NFS2SE: Arcade insanity. I still play it on my DOS-box

NFS:SE: I know about 80% of you haven't even played 3 or 2, but the first one was also a blast.

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
^ Pretty much what he said just that I havent played high stakes and NFS "1"

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
ge-rice-threatens-biodiversity.gif

I started playing NFS from PU. It was great fun indeed and in gameplay I think it beats the newer ones. The best newest must be MW. Both having the ricer feature, but not dominating, and the free roam is great.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Most Wanted was my personal favorite because I'm a HUGE fan of police pursuit since born.

Word homie.

As for Undercover, people are rushing to judge just because the series hasn't been stellar of late.
No series of games has all perfect 10's. Until some previews and gameplay footage are released I'll remain cautiously optimistic :tup:

NFS is a great series on the whole when they're able to get back to their roots: exotic cars, exotic locations, cops. So long as they stay away from trying to be "hip" with those cutscenes from the street racing editions.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
The official site appears to be 404 at this time or me as well. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z385_04Q5kU&feature=related
*fixed* ... it looks like some idiots also had uploaded fake-trailer-slideshows for the game.

http://whichroadtotake.com/ appears to be the real site for the game.

// ---
Anyways ... I practically started playing games with NFS 1 which was a great game.
It did not quite match the freedom that Testdrive had (I wonder if anyone even remembers that series before it went to hell ;)), but the races and cars were cool.

MostWanted definitely was the best as it cop-chases became fun altough they did ignore the AI-racers :(
If Undercover can give us that same city-wide landscape for us to get chased by cops then the series might be back on track.
I do have to say that the new MidnightClub:LA also could be a ton of fun as it also is supposed to feature real cop-chases as part of the game.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
No, saying "died with" means that the mentioned title was the last good one (thus, when PU died the series died with it), and PU was definately the last good one (despite it's somewhat wonky physics), HP2 was terrible, and after that, they compleately changed target audience with the franchise, i was a fan of the origionals but all this neon lights bling bling "fast and the furious" arcade racing the series has become now is just not me, and not what NFS used to be, its something compleately different now.

Ahh but see you said died wityh.... I said died at :p

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
and ummz the chev v6 is great in MW :)

Carbon has acouple of nice ricer racers, skyline gtr and ummz that midget one... no not the yoda mr2 :p

sid

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Oct 20, 2005
**** we sure have some idiots like this here... Especially that weird moron with his old pickup shack, he's employing all the torque force he can so the whole entire neighbor hear him. I just want to harm him. :mad:

Trust me guys like those are everywhere :tdown:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
The ricer frequency has died down considerably since the Fast/Furious faded into no-care land. Mostly all that's left are those who have to suffer now from their terrible taste and choices when they were young and impressionable.

I still giggle whenever I see a big wing on a compact car, and I shake my head when a Civic DX goes buzzing by with a fart can attached. It's sad and pathetic, and I hope one day they realize it. :)

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
Developers of NFS should take a note from the developers of Burnout. Take your time with the game. Even though the cutscenes from this game remind me of Black.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Developers of NFS should take a note from the developers of Burnout. Take your time with the game.

I hope that note only is "Take your time with the game." because Burnouts are many of my least favorite games on the Xbox 360.