Nexuiz: THQ's attempt to "reinvent Arena FPS gameplay""

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
.......... but I can't find the installer in this zip file. Little help with Classic Nexiuz?
Unzip (preserving directory structure) the file to somewhere sensible (e.g. \Program Files (x86)\nexuiz) and just run the application from there.

It doesn't need an "installer".

nexuiz.exe will be in the root of the directory where you have unzipped everything.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Unzip (preserving directory structure) the file to somewhere sensible (e.g. \Program Files (x86)\nexuiz) and just run the application from there.

It doesn't need an "installer".

nexuiz.exe will be in the root of the directory where you have unzipped everything.
Yes I did extract all this to a folder and then it comes up with "packages missing do you want to run the console?" (or similar) error message after running the executable.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try re-extracting the whole thing and going through this whole process again later when I have time.

Jan 20, 2008
New Zealand
I thought I'd get Nexuis because new games of this type seem rare and I was curious to see how it would compare to UT3, which I still play and like in single player mode.

In that context, Nexuis seems a pretty weak offering. It feels like Warsow and the rest of that class of games, that somehow lack atmosphere.

So it's back to UT3 and meaty giblets dispensed with a flak cannon for me.