1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

"Next Gen Project"

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by MeckonOmega, Mar 30, 2004.

1. MeckonOmega

MeckonOmega Meckon (Mech-on)

I want to learn how to map. However, if INF is going to move on to another game, then I want to start on this next platform. So my question is, will INF be moving 2k3 or 2k4?

Is there any official word on this.

Thank you for your time

Evans

2. Demosthanese

Demosthanese .

The way you map with UT2k3 and UT2k4 are the same, which is still almost identical to
    mapping with UTexcept for the addition of static mashes, land generators, and some BSP
    changes.

3. w00p

w00p Windows at its best

Buy UT2k4 and learn that editor...
    with 2k4 you can still play it if INF gets released for 2k3. (though I'm not sure about UED compatibillity...)

4. NeoLancer

NeoLancer «STS»Cypher

Evans, I picked up UT2K4 the other day (did I not mention that to you? maybe not). Give me a ring, we'll figure something out.

5. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

Unless INF has got an entirely new set of mappers and coders, I think it's overwhelmingly likely that any new INF will be for UT2ksomething.

It may not be bad practice to try and make decos for UT in a modelling package (such as 3dMax, Maya, LightWave, if you can get your hands on these), so that you can do work which can be imported into both the current and any future version of INF.

Also I don't think you'll waste any time mapping for the old UT engine, as your first few maps will be liable to suck whatever engine you do them in (I speak from personal experience :) ); also, as mentioned above, most basic UT mapping experience is directly transferrable to the new editor (or rather, you'll probably make the same mistakes when starting out on both engines).