Newest Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Christ

Also there's this Blueprint system
It's Kismet but with everything technical and animation-wise and material-wise integrated. It aligns everything in-engine including button inputs for ease-of-use for artists.

Also the guy looks like a Skaarj Hybrid with the mask.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Hm. I think the Elemental Tech Demo was better at showcasing the Engine. I'm probably wrong but I'm pretty sure you could have done all things that Tech Demo did in Unreal Engine 3.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
It's the first UE tech demo that leaved me somewhat lukewarm impression from the scene perspective, it felt too generic sci-fi. Technology behind that is definitely advanced and fortunately technology demos do not represent games itself :)

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
A lot of people seem to be arguing whether this is real time or pre-rendered. I can believe it's in engine, but I too struggled to believe it was realtime.

However, in the official screenshots you can make out plenty of aliasing on edges so I don't know why they wouldn't use some really good AA if it wasn't realtime. So, that's a pretty good indicator it's realtime in my opinion. Supposedly you can run this demo on a single GTX 680 too.

Pretty awesome if that's all true.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I was impressed with the performance we got out of the engine with UT3. It looks like they've perfected the performance. There's been a lot of talk that others have the same features. Is anyone even close to putting out this kind of performance on consumer hardware?

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Hm. I think the Elemental Tech Demo was better at showcasing the Engine.

In some senses, though I think they are quite different animals aimed at highlighting different aspects of the engine. The previous demos have all been about the engine and while this one is also, there is a distinct leaning towards showing it in a game here, a scene that could actually be part of something bigger. They need something like this; illustrative of a more pragmatic implementation of the engine.

Good stuff and yes, I also thought "Skaarj" when I saw the back of the antagonists' head.