Newbie Question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
I have a completed level to submit, but I'm not sure of a few things.
The level itself is about 1.7MB but the main texture file that it uses is SGtech1 - which is about 10MB by itself.... do I need to include that texture package in the zip? also I have a few other texture and sound packages that I draw from. Should I include these as well? It would be a huge zip file if I do.

Another question: What kind of info do I need in the ReadMe text besides the normal Title and Author type info?

Also I don't have any music in the level... is that a problem?
I do have a screenshot and Level info, also the Level is really quite fun.

Thank you for your help. I just want to submit correctly. ;)

darth_weasel

I won
Apr 20, 2002
UK
darth-weasel.tripod.com
leave sgtech1 out since it comes with bonus pack 4, but if the other packs are non-standard packages that werent UT or bonus pack packagaes, stick em in.

for the readme, i believe there's a nali city readme generator, maybe someone else can link you, but all that normally appears is name, filename, date released, description, your email... etc.

the music, or a lack thereof, is a problem because when somebody presses Escape to get to the menu, the menu music starts, then keeps playing when they go back to your level, so definately include a music track.

theBAMNman

You will be assimilated
Jul 28, 2003
Fluidic Space
Blank umx file

You can put a blank umx file as your music so that no music will play but the menu music won't start when you press escape. I forget where I got my Blank.umx file from, but if you look around at some music tutorials or ask around, you're bound to find it. If you want, I can upload it to my site, just let me know.

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
Thanks

I went ahead and uploaded it with music. Thanks for everyone's help.

Now I need to find out how to add a sound package to the map file that I uploaded... it seems that not many people have the chaossounds.uax pack. :( And I didn't include it with my zip file.

Do I need to just re-upload the map with chaossounds.uax included in the zip? If I re-upload, will that replace the first version hopefully?

theBAMNman said:
You can put a blank umx file as your music so that no music will play but the menu music won't start when you press escape. I forget where I got my Blank.umx file from, but if you look around at some music tutorials or ask around, you're bound to find it. If you want, I can upload it to my site, just let me know.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Since chaossounds only comes with the ChaosUT mod, you'll need to include that package unless you're only using one or two. If that is the case, you could make your own sound package, which would require a little more work. In either case, you'll need to reupload the zip. I'll delete the current map on the FTP once I know what the file name is.

sixwings

Aug 9, 2003
Ohio, USA
www.hammertownmusic.com
Thanks MC, the map is already on the list of recently submitted maps. It has also already been submitted for review... is there a way to swap out the files so that I don't lose any placement?
DM-Base_SXS is the map name. Let me know and I'll upload the new zip.

MassChAoS said:
Since chaossounds only comes with the ChaosUT mod, you'll need to include that package unless you're only using one or two. If that is the case, you could make your own sound package, which would require a little more work. In either case, you'll need to reupload the zip. I'll delete the current map on the FTP once I know what the file name is.