newbie q

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

krapht

Jun 28, 2004
well I installed unwheel and screwed something up when messing with my ut2004 directory. I'd like to uninstall unwheel and reinstall, but I can't find any sort of directions on uninstallation. How can I do that?

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
krapht said:
well I installed unwheel and screwed something up when messing with my ut2004 directory. I'd like to uninstall unwheel and reinstall, but I can't find any sort of directions on uninstallation. How can I do that?

go to setup.exe in your Ut2004 -> system directory. There you will get the choice of uninstalling UT or just some of the mods. Select UnWheel and it'll uninstall it for yu.

krapht

Jun 28, 2004
ProjectX said:
go to setup.exe in your Ut2004 -> system directory. There you will get the choice of uninstalling UT or just some of the mods. Select UnWheel and it'll uninstall it for yu.

thanks!
nice mod, btw

edit: setup.exe doesn't list unwheel as a mod. Is it possible to do a manual uninstall?

Last edited:

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
krapht said:
thanks!
nice mod, btw

edit: setup.exe doesn't list unwheel as a mod. Is it possible to do a manual uninstall?

yeah delete:
All maps beginning with UW
unwheel.u from the system folder
unwheel.int from the system folder
Anything else with unwheel on it in the system folder

If your zip installing it should overwright if you reinstall

Last edited:

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
If you installed UnWheel with the EXE installer, you will find an Uninstall in Windows' Add/Remove programs option.

If you installed with the zip version, just delete:
Code:
Maps\UW*.ut2
Textures\UW*.utx
Textures\UnWheel*.utx
Sounds\UnWheel*.uax
StaticMeshes\UnWheel*.usx
StaticMeshes\UW*.usx
System\UnWheel*.*

Or, use Windows' Find Files option, and in your UT2004 directory, search for the following (you can then delete the files and directories it finds):

Code:
UnWheel*.*;UW*.*

Using the above method, DO NOT delete the files named UWeb.* as they are UT2004 files required to run the game.