Newbie(ish) questions on Single Player maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Varpu

Novice Nali City Reviewer
May 21, 2001
Finland
furpile.com
I'm not that new to mapping itself but as I never have made a single player map, would someone give me answers to these simple questions (I know, these should be in beginners-mapping forum):

#1 Do You have to have the Unreal1 for making a SP map ?
#2 How do You set up the LevelInfo for a SP map ?
#3 Recommendations on good SP maps, please !

Decent answers only, please.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
1) You can make UT SP but ideally you need access to the Unreal 1 music (which you then include in the release), and if you make it in UT it will only run under UT. Oldskool Amp'd http://www.unreality.dk/usaar33/ makes using SP in UT much easier.

2) Default game type should be "unreali.singleplayer" (regular SP) or "unreali.vrikersgame" to start the game waking up with no guns and 12 health. LevelInfo's Title and Author function normally. The above plus LevelEntryText are popped up at the start of the game. Screenshot is only valid if you have Oldskool in mind.

3) Good maps @ http://www.unrealsp.org - download links are broken since NC had their filestore deleted but will be fixed shortly.

{Terminator}

Cybernetic Organism
Single Player maps

hey vapu in order to link maps read this:

you need a favourites teleporter at the end of a level. set the url as follows:

Filename#FilenameEntry?peer NO .unr

example:
Mylevel#Mylevelentry?peer

all maps must be in the same directory for this to work. you can make linear levels or a hub level. if you are still having trouble feel free to e-mail me:
voxmail2003@yahoo.co.uk