1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Newbie help

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by joesmith, Apr 20, 2001.

1. joesmith

joesmith New Member

I just started playing UT and had a question. While playing the other night I noticed how everyone just kept jumping around then disappearing, reappearing in new places all the time. I would try to shoot someone, they would vanish and end up behind me or something and kill me. How do you do that on the online game? Thanks!

2. Zacko

Zacko Not so experienced (yet)

Hi Joesmith,

They were probably using the translocator. If you press "1" on your keyboard you get a "thingy" in your hand. Throw the "disc" where you want to go by pressing your left mb, then press right mb. Voila!

3. ION_Ace

ION_Ace Assault player

damn cheaters

4. synergy

synergy {ThC}XiKo

- might be easier -

First, press 1.
    A disc like weapon will appear on your hand.
    First, hit your Fire button
    Second, hit your AltFire button
    You will be automatically translocated to that area where the disc was last.

Tip : You can run while you throw.

5. drumber

drumber New Member

You can also recall the translocator by hitting fire a second time, in case you shoot it off a cliff or into lava.

6. Voodoo_180

Voodoo_180 n0b

yeah it probably is the translocator, but it may not be. if its on AS you dont get it so it may just be lag. If there is a red haze then its the translocator, otherwise you've probably just got bad lag like i get