Newb question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

YibYib

Aug 6, 2005
Im new to XMP, less than an hours exp, and was wondering if anyone uses the jolt server? Ive seen bbf and de mentioned but my ping for them is pretty poor. the game is ok with 6 people but im sure it would be great with more.
Do you ever post on this board to arrange times to log on to XMP for a big game?

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
Hi and welcome to XMP

UTXMP has people in and out of it a lot right now because it is quite new on the mod scene as publicity for it goes. I haven't seen this forum being used to schedule any XMP game time.

Just be sure to try getting in game on a Friday or Saturday night and u will DEFINATELY run into the crowds :). Most week nights around 5pm PST is a great time to find people in game too.

This mod is gaining in popularity so you will see more and more people also.

:D

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Basically, the game seems to have more of a US following than EU. As such, most people stick to US servers (I get the best ping to BBF, personally). If you get yourself and two or three friends on Jolt I'm sure more will join to go where the people are.

...andrelax

SkyBum
Mar 14, 2004
london, uk
fireball said:
I'm sure more will join to go where the people are.

this is true... jolt is close to me too.
if you use Qtracker or something it'll watch a server and let you know when there are players on it.

Last edited:

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
An important point to note is that if the server is empty, just join. Hack a gen and practice a few moves, and very soon someone will join in. And then someone else. And someone else. The maximum number of players you'll get depends on the time of day (for Euro servers 10pm BST is usually best).

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I've done what Gecko suggested a couple of times. Most servers have bots, so you at least get to practice against them until real players start showing. Welcome to the game!