Newb of the Day

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Theres always at least one disgruntled mapper, clueless commenter or someone just plain foolish hanging around Nalicity, and dozens out there in the community.

Just so we don't miss any of these moments of idiocy, I propose we document their posts/comments here, in this thread.

;)

Notice: I apologise if you are offended, but if you are in the thread, you deserved it. Go read your post, and try to view it from other's point of view. As for me, call me a newb if you wish, or insult me. I'm not bothered if I'm wrong, though I'm most probabl right. Is that arrogant? I don't care.

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
Todays entrys: 30th June, 2004

No. 1

Originally posted by Rotchiller
You know what? These maps suite me, my 2 brothers, my friend, their 2 friends, and my grandad(he plays this game, believe it or not ;P) just fine. We've played some good 2v2 and 1v1 on them and nobody has any complaints on texture use... what is THAT?

NC will not see another one of my maps. Right now that may leave Manticore(who, I might add, has no maps submitted under his name) cheering, but I don't care what he thinks because I've never seen a good comment from him...

Have a nice day.

can be found: Here

Why is this n00bish: A case of a mapper who cannot take critisism, useful, honest or otherwise. Claims that a few friends playing his map make it good.
Most importantly, does not know what texture use is.

No. 2
Originally posted by Captain'04
I' m very sorry. But this map OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!
It' s really great, it' s fun and it rocks! It' s Torlan. OMG I can' t understand why people h8 this excellent map.

followed by:
LOL no sorry im very serious. this is my favourite map and i think its the best Onslaught map ever and i am not alone. Whole Germany loves this map lmao

can be found: Here

Why is this n00bish: This person is saying that torlanparadise or whatever is a great ons map. This map, just in case you can't remember, is the official version of torlan with a few vehicles removed or added. In other words, a load of crap. This map does not belong on a mapping site. Yeah, thats right... mapping. Not ripping off and claiming as a map.

Last edited:

X22887

!Crap Mapper!
May 2, 2002
b1t(h fu(k3r said:
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP REPLYING SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP ALREADY? IT IS MY UTMOST INTENTION TO FINISH THIS STUPID CONVERSATION SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP.

EDIT:

FINE ILL DELETE THE OTHER TWO STUPID THREADS OK ARE YOU HAPPY?????

why is he a n00b?
1.) the name
1.5)fictisious womanizing is the sadest cry for help an in the closelt hoosexual could make
1.7)it's written in n00b
2.) the fourms dictate when he sleeps
3.)he demand the last word

so sad

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
demon
07-06-2004 06:19 AM EDT Rating: 10
Nice map! In my opinion it is 1 of the best maps i have ever played. The look of this map is not as good as the original Epic-Maps or other good Fan-Maps but the Waysystem is very good and reasoned. In the end it is a map very good/nice to play. Try it!!

demon cu @ all
(I'm sorry for mistakes in my grammar - i'm german)

ARGH! map is worth a 4... it has crap, bland visuals and flat gameplay

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
CTF-Citadel real time

Obi-Wan
07-08-2004 02:01 PM EDT
huh

Scott Hrivnak
07-08-2004 02:19 PM EDT Rating: 0
wtf? Ok, be original, not EDIT an already done level.

Innominate
07-08-2004 03:14 PM EDT
You'll get a flood of 0s soon just because you edit someone else's map, why waste your time editing a map when you can make your OWN?

Shadowlurker
07-08-2004 03:16 PM EDT Rating: 1.5
There is some original work here - some like changes in time or whatever as far as maps are concerned.
But having this is day ruined whatever atmosphere the map once had. Doesn't look scary at all in this light :)

nightshadow
07-08-2004 03:58 PM EDT Rating: 0
how could anyone deface a map this good? i wish people would not submit maps like this. there needs to be a NaliCity crew that checks incoming maps to make sure they arn't crap or copies before allowing them to be downloaded.

roy mcloy
07-08-2004 07:46 PM EDT
hey guys it was just a little bit of fun you dont have to rail road me

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Fascist idiot of the week/month/year/millenium

File Name dm-lin-chinatown.zip
Author lin-design

To Hazmat: What the Unreal Community needs is more open minded people like you, people who respect my style, and are not afraid of something different, also people who read the otehr threads before dishing out thier own "2 cents"

I'm already there... (yeah, right)

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
VCTF-Wonderland

The three stooges vs. Shadowlurker and Hourences
VCTF-Wonderland
wilkooo
08-04-2004 05:10 PM EDT
Sorry I don't know those guys... wish I did :) (I instanly fell in love with both of them.)
Probably just 2 guys looking to start a controversy... but thanks for admitting my map was poor and "horrible" :p lol

muffintuff
08-04-2004 04:02 AM EDT Rating: 9.5
K man i really love wat u did with this, i mean u dont see alotta these kinda maps....and u really pulled it off. If you said u didnt enjoy this ur obviously ****ing crazy or just like too immature to appreciate how truley amazing this map is....awsome stuff man

tacoeatermachine
08-04-2004 04:08 AM EDT Rating: 10
hey i have seen maps before but this has to be the best. It is so good. It has a good set up, its fun, good weapon choices etc. What is not to like? Maybe you should get your ****en 2 inch cock out of your mouth and relise you can't make a map this awesome

****en commie bastards

Shadowlurker
08-04-2004 08:20 AM EDT Rating: 1.5
After those last two comments I felt compelled to try this.
And my conclusion? There is no doubt that this map is poor. It doesn't look anything more than average, and gameplay... what gameplay? Let's shove a bunch of vehciles in the map and hope the best? Maybe not, but it feels like it.
I'm sure with a bit more effort this could be ok. At the moment, however, it's horrible.
And now very over rated. Getting your friends to rate your map a 10 is just plain sad. (only way I can think of someone giving this a 10)

(And the offensive comments? Whats the need? People are giving honest opinions on the map - yours is obviously not objective. That or you should play more maps. The ones that come with the game are better than this, and even retail maps can be topped. This cannot be a 10. A 10 is perfect Is this percect? No way.)

Hourences
08-04-2004 11:33 AM EDT
stop flaming and stop getting friends regged just to comment with a 10 on a map :)

Last edited:

sandorski

Sep 22, 1999
coquitlam, bc, Canada
Visit site
Manticore said:
The short answer is that that will be my response to any present or future pig-ignorant whinging wankers who can't take positive criticism and then get their friends to comment on their maps (if it is actually his friends and not him) so that they can screw the ratings and flame other commentators.

If you don't get that try going back to VCTF Wonderland. I wouldn't waste my time and bandwidth on talentless little ****heads who think they know better because they have managed to get their microdicks out of their hands long enough to actually install the game on their computer let alone play it; assuming they actually know what a computer is and didn't get mommy or daddy to do it for them.

Therefore my standard response to scum-sucking bottom-feeders like him and his girlfriends is that their is no point in downloading from this wanker. All you're doing is encouraging him, which means he will no longer be concentrating on the main game, which in his case should be committing suicide and leaving what breathable air that is left on this rock alone so other people can use it.

Understand?

hehe, ok.

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7572

redfist said:
Wow it looks so cool still ut03 mentality, goofy lookin thing.And no layout.goose2k4 and Incuvasion
slap this map around 1000 times better than this ut03 chromeball thing.or ut04? hmm
OK try this then see what you think
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7051
well to be fair i'll go halfway
final

Why he is a n00b:
1. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time he has edited his comment on this map. First he gave it a 2, then a 1.5, and now a 5.
2. He critisizes an author who made an original map, telling the author what to do, when he himself has not made any original maps that are good, or original period. His map list consists of Quake remakes and a Deck 16 remake.
3. He claimed to have been around Nali City since "PU kicked NC out", yet nobody from back then recognizes him.
4. He likes men.
5. #4 can't really be confirmed, but can still be assumed.
6. Can't form a sentence to save his life, though we can bet if he lost it he wouldn't notice.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
More evidence about CTF-Aedes:

"I don't think i saw any antiportals,but if not use em for these outside maps,should help considerably." - There are around 14 actually

"and mabye delete the notes." - They take around 1-2Kb of space and don't appear or do anything ingame so it has 0% impact on performance

"and mabye get rid of emmiters on the lightposts only." - And have lightposts with no flames? :con: If you want less emmiters set world detail to low

"Somehow this map hurts my eyes,can't quite say exactly why,mabye sky is to bright compared to ground?I don't know." - Ever heard of brightness/contrast setting?

"seems like you could chop the meshes down by half and still have plenty of deco." - Again, set world detail to low. Quite impressive he didn't notice this since it's staring in your face as you click the download link in the map description.

Last edited:

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
More:

"And I didn't like this map in Q2 however he still gets a 9.5 because it brings back the Q2 look"

"But BOT40 never heard of quake1 or quake2 so but yet he can cut down others levels of wich he has no knowledge of to make a review of them at all"

He also flamed desp. for not having a clue how to map or something along those lines.

"Tell ya that techmexo or whatever it is ,does suck,In this level has excelent DM action But you ut2003 noobs will never understand" (Crap Deck remake)

About "DM-NECROPOLISrf" (Ugly quake remake)

"is a 9 if you compare it the the original map" - Nothing like modesty :p

"of time goes in these Q1 maps even that it is a bsp rip" - Yeah, a lot more than a completely original map or a completely re-thought layout and theme :con:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Rocket science

Genius at work.........
File Name dm-foresttemple.zip
Author )Hidra(

Map Description This is the remake of 007 temple in golden eye

WARNING this map is not a beta and its my first one ..

well im not Hourences
i know how to put good lightning effect but im poor for big deatail .. i will get practice thought

Bot are Well pathed and this map is huge

somme profesionnal wont like this map Because i puted The Double dammage amplifgicator just next to the 100 health

Its not this bad and i wish u can have fun in my first one thx for any comment . try it one invasion .. its pefect!
...........who appreciates all the help........
huh .. LOL NORMAL U KEEP HEARING WATER LOL this is like a cavern .. But i apreciate what is in my map . the waterfall sound is Very loud but not a (((Problem)))

Screw u Shoa dude .. man get blowed by zombi ... Gang of ******* who put all 0 or 2 on map that peple put hard work .. man this map is ****ing old .. okay man .. so give it a 0 i dont care if u a good maper .. but if u Suck nali 24/7 .. Plz shut the ****a

this is like this that maper get out of this great site Stupid ******* like Shao and Redfist

whe are saving the unreal games by making new map ..to ur disposition .. so have Respect aight so il have too

this map .. i admit it suck .. but its my first one u can't read dude .. is u never maked a Dumb map .. just *TRY* to Know how to insert a cube dude .. and then! .. seend it on nalicity ! .. and then .. i can laught

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
I would like to point out that he has ONCE AGAIN edited his comment, and the irony in it is priceless:

Checkmate & chromeballz have only put ONE map up here and hydra has 3 .

well to be fair i'll go halfway a 5 seeing as how is is well built and did get in the cbp
Still aint as good as is seems.
final

As you can see, he's trying to use the "if you haven't made as many maps as me, you have no place to speak" excuse, even though redfists' maps weren't even made by him in the first place. Irony here is that unless you make your own damned maps, don't include what you ripped off and made ugly.

This guy is seriously approaching CannabisCorpse-like status in n00bdom. I'm expecting him to take it further with a map full of rainbow colored penii in a field of gold as the song of the same name by Sting plays in the background. Should this happen, he'll hit his peak.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
"and If I found these levels on the web I would rate them highly"
wiii, nice thing to say about your own map. We should all rate them highly because he made them it seems :)

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Not again....

The Purple Bunny said:
As you can see, he's trying to use the "if you haven't made as many maps as me, you have no place to speak" .
That's and original argument.....

I've never thought of using that line of reasoning.... but of course we all MUST make maps to get respect.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of using that "me a mapper" argument before?

Last edited:

The Purple Bunny

Super Mario Breakdance!
Jun 27, 2003
Hot South GA
www.bunnyhaetsu.net
The Map in Question

I figure it would be best to break this n00b's comment down to better understand his n00bdom, because a n00bish one like this n00b needs to understand the n00bism we see in a n00b like him.

ghostwheel said:
I'm not sure why Redfist does'nt make his own original maps, but I can tell you some of the reasons I stopped mapping.

1) you make a totally original map with hints of another map and it gets labled a remake of that map. IE. Atrodeck- this was a totally original map with a deck 16 feel but thats it, yet you all say its a remake of Deck 16.

I'll be damned. Back to redfist's Deck-16 remake, which is a remake, and you'd know that pretty damn well if you consider two things, which are pretty obvious and would only escape those who don't think when boobs aren't present:

1) The preview screen is showing the map's Deck-16 ripoff of a room. Same platforms, same design, uglier textures and subtracts. Raise the slime pit some units up, and voila, a "non" remake? That's like raising the lava in Eternal Caves up to the edge of the cilff and calling it "Atrocaves".

2) The map's name has the word DECK in it, if you bothered to look. If it's not a Deck-16 remake, why does it say DECK in the name? Very few maps have DECK in the name and look nothing like Deck-16, and that's including not ripping off those three platforms.

ghostwheel said:
2) If I were to make a map that was as good or even better than what the pro mappers are putting out, I'd want to be paid some big bucks for it, but the free maps us amatures make are never as good as someone who gets paid to do it, therefore you will all say it sucks and it wont get played on any public servers. Conclusion is making a custom map is a waste of time.

First sign of a whore. Wanting money for a small job. Nice of him to consider the mappers at Epic as the highest standard of the "mapper" in general. Good to know that I don't have to spend a few weeks making something that would kick DM-TokaraForest in the balls, because now, it's just been proven impossible to make a pro map unless you get money for it.

ghostwheel said:
3) It also seems that the people hear might be very technical minded when it comes to Ued, but as far as knowing what the gamers like you are way off base. For example I ran a RAGE Clan server for 6 months and I had alot of custom maps on it, some where my maps and the rest from other mappers, well the map Last Crusader][ by Kami which was on the Nali Hotlist and rated a 9, was never played, not once did it get voted on to be played, yet alot of the other maps, especially my Duel Drive map which most of you said sucked and TWRECKS refused to even finish his so called review on, was belive it or not the most played map on that server, and it was all unknown dudes from all over the world who were playing on the server, not just my buds.

Well I'll be even more damned. Who would have thought that putting a map YOU made, on YOUR server, for YOUR friends would be a hit on YOUR server? My God, call Ripley, he won't believe this. And of course, when you're an unknown on a server playing his maps on his server with his friends, it'll be because his friends overwhelm the voting by choosing one of his maps while the unknowns are outnumbered. All one of the asskissers has to do is pick a clan map, the rest will follow, because, after all, if he made it, and it's on his server, and you're his friend, it has to be a good map. Learn some logic, n00b.

ghostwheel said:
So in conclusion, I dont make anymore custom maps because I know they will never be as good as a pros map and will get trashed here even tho they may be really fun maps to play. The only thing worse is to read the stupid comments by the so called reviewers here because if a map that never gets any play in 6 months is a 9 and one thats played atleast 5 times a day for 6 months is a (2 or 3 I think is what Twrecks said for Duel Drive) something aint right. You guys figure it out.

Poor baby. His maps got bad reviews, so he's giving up mapping, just like the guy who became a priest because he kept orgasming early and could never get another woman. Wuss. You just have no spine to watch others get the thrashing the deserve when they make a bad map or a bad remake. I'd like to see this guy find the statistics for every map that hasn't had any play on any server in existance for the last 6 months that got a review score of 9. But again, he's probably judging his own server, with a map he made, that his friends play on; or do I have to go through that comparison again?

Christ, n00bs are pretty fun to break down aren't they, and they don't stop amazin' us.

Frieza

Sep 15, 2002
Holland
Visit site
cobra6 said:
08-09-2004 09:11 PM EDT
Much better, then your crappy maps. But I'm out of here, no use to respond to such idiots.

EDIT: SilverHairDevil. It is a them of actress. Red base Brigitte Bardo, Blue base Old but beautiful actres. Huge bases, Like CTF-Playboy, but better. And super hard to score whit 16 player's.

EDIT: don't comments on my maps I don't give a damn of what you think of it, you and other's. I comme only to see those posts. And I'm having a super time reading it, plaine retards ha ha. All the mappers here that have posts some comments. Try the begining PATH YOUR MAPS WELL, not that ****e that I see. And they call themselft mappers LOL!. Keep them comming me and my friend's are having a blast!LOL!

Made in CTF-Old_Actress