1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Newb of the Day

Discussion in 'Nali City' started by Zlal, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Zlal

Zlal New but not improved.

Theres always at least one disgruntled mapper, clueless commenter or someone just plain foolish hanging around Nalicity, and dozens out there in the community.

Just so we don't miss any of these moments of idiocy, I propose we document their posts/comments here, in this thread.

;)

Notice: I apologise if you are offended, but if you are in the thread, you deserved it. Go read your post, and try to view it from other's point of view. As for me, call me a newb if you wish, or insult me. I'm not bothered if I'm wrong, though I'm most probabl right. Is that arrogant? I don't care.

2. Zlal

Todays entrys: 30th June, 2004

No. 1

can be found: Here

Why is this n00bish: A case of a mapper who cannot take critisism, useful, honest or otherwise. Claims that a few friends playing his map make it good.
    Most importantly, does not know what texture use is.

No. 2
    can be found: Here

Why is this n00bish: This person is saying that torlanparadise or whatever is a great ons map. This map, just in case you can't remember, is the official version of torlan with a few vehicles removed or added. In other words, a load of crap. This map does not belong on a mapping site. Yeah, thats right... mapping. Not ripping off and claiming as a map.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  3. X22887

X22887 !Crap Mapper!

why is he a n00b?
    1.) the name
    1.5)fictisious womanizing is the sadest cry for help an in the closelt hoosexual could make
    1.7)it's written in n00b
    2.) the fourms dictate when he sleeps
    3.)he demand the last word

so sad

4. Zlal

demon
    07-06-2004 06:19 AM EDT Rating: 10
    Nice map! In my opinion it is 1 of the best maps i have ever played. The look of this map is not as good as the original Epic-Maps or other good Fan-Maps but the Waysystem is very good and reasoned. In the end it is a map very good/nice to play. Try it!!

demon cu @ all
    (I'm sorry for mistakes in my grammar - i'm german)

ARGH! map is worth a 4... it has crap, bland visuals and flat gameplay

5. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

CTF-Citadel real time

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  6. Manticore

Fascist idiot of the week/month/year/millenium

File Name dm-lin-chinatown.zip
    Author lin-design

I'm already there... (yeah, right)

7. Manticore

VCTF-Wonderland

The three stooges vs. Shadowlurker and Hourences

8. sandorski

sandorski New Member

Manticore: Just wondering what's up with wilkooo and the Warnings about downloading his Maps?

9. sandorski

sandorski New Member

hehe, ok.

10. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

MORE!

11. The Purple Bunny

The Purple Bunny Super Mario Breakdance!

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7572

Why he is a n00b:
    1. This is at least the 3rd or 4th time he has edited his comment on this map. First he gave it a 2, then a 1.5, and now a 5.
    2. He critisizes an author who made an original map, telling the author what to do, when he himself has not made any original maps that are good, or original period. His map list consists of Quake remakes and a Deck 16 remake.
    3. He claimed to have been around Nali City since "PU kicked NC out", yet nobody from back then recognizes him.
    4. He likes men.
    5. #4 can't really be confirmed, but can still be assumed.
    6. Can't form a sentence to save his life, though we can bet if he lost it he wouldn't notice.

12. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

More evidence about CTF-Aedes:

"I don't think i saw any antiportals,but if not use em for these outside maps,should help considerably." - There are around 14 actually

"and mabye delete the notes." - They take around 1-2Kb of space and don't appear or do anything ingame so it has 0% impact on performance

"and mabye get rid of emmiters on the lightposts only." - And have lightposts with no flames? :con: If you want less emmiters set world detail to low

"Somehow this map hurts my eyes,can't quite say exactly why,mabye sky is to bright compared to ground?I don't know." - Ever heard of brightness/contrast setting?

"seems like you could chop the meshes down by half and still have plenty of deco." - Again, set world detail to low. Quite impressive he didn't notice this since it's staring in your face as you click the download link in the map description.

13. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

More:

"And I didn't like this map in Q2 however he still gets a 9.5 because it brings back the Q2 look"

"But BOT40 never heard of quake1 or quake2 so but yet he can cut down others levels of wich he has no knowledge of to make a review of them at all"

He also flamed desp. for not having a clue how to map or something along those lines.

"Tell ya that techmexo or whatever it is ,does suck,In this level has excelent DM action But you ut2003 noobs will never understand" (Crap Deck remake)

About "DM-NECROPOLISrf" (Ugly quake remake)

"is a 9 if you compare it the the original map" - Nothing like modesty :p

"of time goes in these Q1 maps even that it is a bsp rip" - Yeah, a lot more than a completely original map or a completely re-thought layout and theme :con:

14. Hourences

Hourences New Member

you forgot the "i wanna swim around the map"
    great ctf play, swimming in teh sea for 15 min to reach the other base

15. Manticore

Rocket science

Genius at work.........
    ...........who appreciates all the help........

16. The Purple Bunny

I would like to point out that he has ONCE AGAIN edited his comment, and the irony in it is priceless:

Checkmate & chromeballz have only put ONE map up here and hydra has 3 .

well to be fair i'll go halfway a 5 seeing as how is is well built and did get in the cbp
    Still aint as good as is seems.
    final

As you can see, he's trying to use the "if you haven't made as many maps as me, you have no place to speak" excuse, even though redfists' maps weren't even made by him in the first place. Irony here is that unless you make your own damned maps, don't include what you ripped off and made ugly.

This guy is seriously approaching CannabisCorpse-like status in n00bdom. I'm expecting him to take it further with a map full of rainbow colored penii in a field of gold as the song of the same name by Sting plays in the background. Should this happen, he'll hit his peak.

17. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

"and If I found these levels on the web I would rate them highly"
    wiii, nice thing to say about your own map. We should all rate them highly because he made them it seems :)

18. Manticore

Not again....

That's and original argument.....

I've never thought of using that line of reasoning.... but of course we all MUST make maps to get respect.

Why hasn't anyone else thought of using that "me a mapper" argument before?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  19. The Purple Bunny

The Map in Question

I figure it would be best to break this n00b's comment down to better understand his n00bdom, because a n00bish one like this n00b needs to understand the n00bism we see in a n00b like him.

I'll be damned. Back to redfist's Deck-16 remake, which is a remake, and you'd know that pretty damn well if you consider two things, which are pretty obvious and would only escape those who don't think when boobs aren't present:

1) The preview screen is showing the map's Deck-16 ripoff of a room. Same platforms, same design, uglier textures and subtracts. Raise the slime pit some units up, and voila, a "non" remake? That's like raising the lava in Eternal Caves up to the edge of the cilff and calling it "Atrocaves".

2) The map's name has the word DECK in it, if you bothered to look. If it's not a Deck-16 remake, why does it say DECK in the name? Very few maps have DECK in the name and look nothing like Deck-16, and that's including not ripping off those three platforms.

First sign of a whore. Wanting money for a small job. Nice of him to consider the mappers at Epic as the highest standard of the "mapper" in general. Good to know that I don't have to spend a few weeks making something that would kick DM-TokaraForest in the balls, because now, it's just been proven impossible to make a pro map unless you get money for it.

Well I'll be even more damned. Who would have thought that putting a map YOU made, on YOUR server, for YOUR friends would be a hit on YOUR server? My God, call Ripley, he won't believe this. And of course, when you're an unknown on a server playing his maps on his server with his friends, it'll be because his friends overwhelm the voting by choosing one of his maps while the unknowns are outnumbered. All one of the asskissers has to do is pick a clan map, the rest will follow, because, after all, if he made it, and it's on his server, and you're his friend, it has to be a good map. Learn some logic, n00b.

Poor baby. His maps got bad reviews, so he's giving up mapping, just like the guy who became a priest because he kept orgasming early and could never get another woman. Wuss. You just have no spine to watch others get the thrashing the deserve when they make a bad map or a bad remake. I'd like to see this guy find the statistics for every map that hasn't had any play on any server in existance for the last 6 months that got a review score of 9. But again, he's probably judging his own server, with a map he made, that his friends play on; or do I have to go through that comparison again?

Christ, n00bs are pretty fun to break down aren't they, and they don't stop amazin' us.

20. Frieza

Frieza New Member

Made in CTF-Old_Actress