1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Xbox Revealed

Discussion in 'Games' started by Arnox, May 21, 2013.

1. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

To me the sad part is that PS3 failed due to sony trying to market it as home entertainment system/blu ray crap alienating gamers and now MS is doing the same mistake.

2. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

Sorry, flew off the handle, this guy is just a real jerk, I got mad.

3. Balton

He sounds like your average 'broom-up-yer-arse-english-man' :confused:
    that's one of the least inoffensive ways to speak IMO...

and don't give me that 'but you speak German you wouldn't hear a difference' crap... ;)

4. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

Woo woo, retarded design decision train, slowly derailing over the station. This makes so little sense from a hardware perspective, I'm sure it can't be true.

5. KLEPTÖ

KLEPTÖ a.k.a. SLEDGE°MD°

for me it'll come down to exclusives to determine which is the better of the 2 evils.

6. Vaskadar

Vaskadar It's time I look back from outer space

QFT.

7. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

It'll be the same exclusives they've always had. Only this time there will be enough graphical detail to the the sweat on Kratos's balls and you might almost make out a face behind Master Chief's BMX helmet visor.

8. Lruce Bee

Lruce Bee Transcending to another level

From a marketing perspective, first and foremost, it would have been nice to see this presented as a monster gaming rig - I mean really hammer home the message that the new XBox is a smoking hot video game platform - then layer in the other features as gravy as well- not the other way around.
    It doesn't help that the hardware from a form factor perspective looks terrible - I mean seriously, it just looks like the worst designed piece of hardware ever created - a true brick.
    If Sony come up with a drop dead gorgeous design, put the social element and TV crap to one side and throw in some killer game demos - they will clean up at E3.

9. Balton

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  10. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

11. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

It is true. http://mashable.com/2013/05/21/xbox-ones-new-controller-hands-on/

From the page, On the front of the new controller, you’ll find an IR sensor. It allows it to communicate with the Xbox One’s new Kinect controller. While Microsoft didn’t go into great detail about how this will be used in gameplay, it does add one interesting feature. Imagine there are two people playing in front of an Xbox One. The Kinect knows, via facial recognition, who they are. It also knows, thanks to the IR sensors, who is holding which controller. If the two players switch controllers, they do not start controlling each other’s characters. Instead, Xbox One sees that they are each holding different controllers and communicates with the controllers through Kinect to switch player controls.

12. Benfica

Benfica European Redneck

If it turns out to be hackable and an homegrown scene appears, I'll buy one

13. ambershee

Surely if you switch controllers with your friend, it's because you wanted to switch. What kind of stupidity is this!? D:

14. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

If you pick oml, you are stuck playing as Dom! :mad:,, lol

15. Evill_Bob

Evill_Bob Cheese Hopping Rocket Spammer

Unless Sony pulls outta their ass the Holy Grail and pours forth unto us the promised land of gaming I'm saving my money for important things and sticking to my PC. I was thinking about getting an XBox One but with this Microsoft has done a fine job of talking me outta it.

16. Al

Al Reaper

Here's what it really said:

[​IMG]

17. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

18. ambershee

Given that rumours persist that the hardware isn't ready due to a big flaw with video memory, this is more or less the case....

19. Arnox

Arnox UT99/2004 Mod Crazy

[​IMG]

This connection that's needed every 24 hours. It's BS. I just can't believe Microsoft would be this stupid. Now, there's only two ways I'm gonna buy the stupid thing.

1. If Microsoft releases a patch to render single player games playable offline indefinitely.
    2. If someone figures out how to hack it to be able to play always offline.

Until one of these is done, I will be going to my nearest local electronics store, laughing while purchasing a PS4 and flipping off the Xbone every chance I get.

20. HugoMarques

HugoMarques ☆☆☆☆☆

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gHRXK4smLc[/m]

[​IMG]