1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Warhammer 40K skins

Discussion in 'General and Off Topic' started by kingb33, Mar 24, 2004.

1. kingb33

kingb33 New Member

I've created some new skins for the model! The SpaceWolves and The Legion of the Damned Chapters. I can't email them to the site because the file is to big. I'll have to figure out a way....Can someone convert the BloodAngel model? Convert it for UT2K4. I submitted screenies at least to the site admin... :rolleyes:

2. arcath

arcath New Member

What no Dark Angels? =)

I would love to see them.

3. _MAGGOT_

_MAGGOT_ New Member

why dont ya post some screenies? I wanna see the Legion of the Damned, they where the whole reason i got into Warhammer. (even tho i own a Black Templar army :S )

MAGGOT

4. kingb33

kingb33 New Member

how do i insert images into my message? they are on my desktop? :(
    when i click on insert image i get some kind of pop up box that asks for a http:// address...??

5. arcath

arcath New Member

email the pictures to me, and ill host them and then post them up in this fourm.

but im in japan right now. 9pm Thursday my time, is only 6am Thursday CST.

ill check my mail when i get up and go from there.

night =)

6. SaD

SaD Skincollecting Fanatic

Pics are attached .

About attaching Pics .You can use the additional options below the textbox.

There is a button -->Manage Attachments .Is the better way for big images.

Or Above the textbox --> Insert Image . You must host the pic on your webpage .

Attached Files:

7. arcath

arcath New Member

dude, those are nice......now release them to the public =)

now we just gotta fix the blood angel karma file -=/

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  8. arcath

arcath New Member

9. Luggage

Luggage wins.

Looks good, but I feel like the Space Wolves skin is too blue... Imo they've always been more whiteish, with only a slight hue of blue :)

10. mindcry

mindcry New Member

nice! currently we have a much newer and improved space marine and terminator in the works (models done), and scouts and (lots of) tanks oh my ;) but they still need skins and animation etc before they can be released.

and hopefully the mod reaches beta soon, but its been a one coder show, which is a bit slower than you'd really want for something this scale.

anyways, we're not dead, and glad to see other people are digging 40k as well.
    oh yeah, this is the coder/project leader for ut40k (www.ut40k.com) if you were wondering.. and if the forums look a little dead its cause you cant see the hidden dev team forums...

have fun, and keep killing the rabid wombats... or don't... your call really...

11. kingb33

kingb33 New Member

yeah a little too blue...i thought that as well..haven't got around to desaturating the color so it's more grey. Added a paw to the kneecap as well. have it upside down though..need to fix it.. ;) added some other variants also so there are diff. types of skins..i also adjusted the blood angels color that it's more red. was way to pinkish for me..

i wish someone would convert the model to UT2K4...or email me a karma file for it that won't crash the game...the karma file that comes with the model will crash UT2K4......if you delete it you will be fine....BUT you will lose all death animations...

will probably end up making some other chapters as well..hopefully also someone will convert or create a full blown bot manager for UT2K4 so we can create our own bot marine chapters and save them...then we could name the bots and adjust settings etc etc ;)

sorry im teasing ppl w/ the screens but i only have hotmail at this time and the file is to large to email, its like 10MB.... :mad: I can email it from work on monday. (I'm on vacation and was screwing around and made these skins)

some other screens are attached

Attached Files:

• sw1.jpg
      sw1.jpg
      File size:
      35.4 KB
      Views:
    • sw2.jpg
      sw2.jpg
      File size:
      28.9 KB
      Views:
    • sw3.jpg
      sw3.jpg
      File size:
      26.7 KB
      Views:
    • sw4.jpg
      sw4.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
    • ld1.jpg
      ld1.jpg
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
  12. _MAGGOT_

_MAGGOT_ New Member

what about Black Templars? :)

Have you tried breaking up the file? (or are these all in one skin?) also, try rar-ing it in winrar.

MAGGOT

13. _MAGGOT_

_MAGGOT_ New Member

Since there are no shots of the 3rd marine revision, i have some suuggestions.

-Smaller exhaust 'balls' on the backpack
    -thicker legs
    -Re-do the animation on the legs so that they don't stretch like in the most recent downloadable version
    -fix up the textures a bit, look a little washed out on the released version.
    -Also, it appears that you have layered template files for doing new skins.. do these have all the neccessary shading and chest eagles on them, while still having the actual paint on it's own layer? Labels to know what everything on the temps is? will they be availalbe for all the stuff?
    -O and one more thing - MORE PICS PLEASE :)

@arcath - could you make a post in your origional post at their forums of my suggestions just so they see them? It doesn't seem like they check here often, I just want this to be as accurate as possible :D

MAGGOT

14. mindcry

mindcry New Member

the model is actually already done, I think its much improved, a lot of work went into the flesh and blood head especially.... we kinda agreed that the texture could have used more work too, and the skin/animations things should be fixed, once we get around to those.

and if anyone is interested in doing skins or animations (or code), we're always looking for more talented people ;)

oh yeah, we'll be putting more pics and stuff up on our forums and main site soon since we've gotten yet another wave of interest from outside :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  15. kingb33

kingb33 New Member

Black Templars is next.....

16. _MAGGOT_

_MAGGOT_ New Member

@mindcry - I could do some skins for ya, you just need to walk me through getting the skin ingame (I'm good with photoshop and paintshop pro, but I have NO idea how to get skins into the game).

Will there be any special characters? (Emperor's Champion and the like?)

@kingb33 - Yay!

MAGGOT

17. mindcry

mindcry New Member

@ kingb33 since you seem to have missed/ignored my posts, do you think you might be interested in skinning our updated/improved space marine or our terminators etc :)?

@maggot, sure, importing the texture once its done is really easy... in fact, all you do is go into unrealed and go to file->import then type the name of the package you want to make and the name the texture should have inside it. Then you can sit there and apply it to the model (in its own package, go the the animation tab, and find the skins[0] property, select your texture in your package, and click use in the skin[0] property) and see what'll actually look like in game.

its sounds a little intensive, but once you do it a couple times, it only takes about 10 seconds...

and we will have characters like captains and chaplains, but they'll be done by using attachments on the main space marine as needed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2004
  18. _MAGGOT_

_MAGGOT_ New Member

can't wait for the mod guys :) It WILL be ut2004 compatable right? (if not i can re-install ut2003, no biggie :) )

MAGGOT

19. kingb33

kingb33 New Member

maybe bro...dpeends on my schedule..i was able to do these because i've been on vacation because my 3yr old is on spring break from school.....terminators would be frickin cool though....hopefully u can use the skins i'm making now for the updated model regular model? when u guys going to release the new model? :D Can you make a special spacewolf model with the little wolf tail on the top of the helmet :) .....i'll let u know if i can skin next week..depends....but the mod sounds AWESOME.

Black Templar is FINISHED ;) AND I fixed all the Spacewolves Skins....Now they are broken up into the factions to be more precise. Long Fangs, Grey Slayers, Grey Hunters....BTW I dont know how to get skins in the game either....I just keep adding to the original BloodAngel mini pak .utx file and udjusting the .upl to match :)

Attached Files:

• bt1.jpg
      bt1.jpg
      File size:
      27.8 KB
      Views:
    • bt2.jpg
      bt2.jpg
      File size:
      25.1 KB
      Views:
    • bt3.jpg