1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New version of UDK is slow and unresponsive!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by larafan25, Oct 16, 2010.

1. larafan25

larafan25 New Member

I just downloaded (for like 5 hours which is much longer than my original UDK download) the latest version of the UDK. I opened it up and it is taking forever to load, when it is loaded it takes forever to click buttons and send commands to the point where it just becomes unresponsive and will not close nor crash.

It's driving me insane.

My question is...

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it common for this updated version of UDK to act up?

Am I missing something or have forgotten to do something?

I have had the worst history with downloading video game related content, having things freeze and crash, generally it's expected that programs I download do not work, however the UDK was different, it worked so well, now this version...makes me want to rip my hair out.

O.O

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

If you are having trouble with other games as well, consider the working versions of the UDK as exception and start figuring out what's wrong with your system.

3. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

This might be a longshot but make sure AllowNvidiaStereo3d is set to False in your Engine ini file. It was causing similar issues for me.

4. larafan25

larafan25 New Member

I uninstalled the latest version and installed the August update, things are going well.....so far at least.:/

edit: It's officially my computer being a buttface.

I'll get it sorted out.:)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  5. larafan25

larafan25 New Member

Good news, actually Fantastic news, could be bitter sweet, but not for me.

It turns out my comp was just to slow for the latest UDK update. So I am back using the March 2010 version, feels like home.:)

Now time for a ...

:deadhorse: