1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New UT2007 Footage From Some Trade Show Somewhere

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Sir_Brizz, Apr 22, 2006.

1. IllusionS

IllusionS New Member

oh i just noticed something, top right corner of screen is fraps running, showing the fps...ranges from 20-60, mostly averaging in about 40, without any bots in a fairly simplistic level :eek:

2. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

You'll live.

Actually, I hope you don't!

3. XMP.Arc

XMP.Arc +-aka Arcturus, HalcYoN, goBOT etc-+

looks nice- 'grunge ification'
    liandri homeworld woot!

4. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

They've seriously cut down on meshes, epspecially irritating ones you get stuck on. I think the Ripper would work on maps like that!

5. Bang_Doll

Bang_Doll Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96

Ehhh... not too keen on the new weapon designs.... but oh well, you can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess. =/

6. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

The weapon design are sweeeet imho.

7. IllusionS

IllusionS New Member

but you can still blow up the cake?!

8. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

looks good to me! and trying to judge the sounds on an internet video is kinda rough. they might have lotsa punch but youd never know.

9. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

-Link gun needs to be green, not black and white!
    -I like the new rocket sound!
    -There mightnt be meshes stacked around blocking the pathways but i think theyve gone abit averboard with bloom/shaders
    -I can see people camping the end of that lift
    -I notice the DM HUD is much less confusing with all the random numbers

That's just the upped gamma, im sure the level will look much darker too.

10. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Link gun doesn't need to be any colour! Epic can decide this for themselves.
    Personally i like the new coat of paint!

11. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Where is the real source of this video because I want to download it? and if there is a full version that would be grate.

12. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

I'm pretty sure the flak cannon was the gun they showed spinning lopsidedly around the weaponbase at the start of the second video (looks like weaponbase guns are now the same size as the actual guns!), but my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

Agreed about all those weapons though.

Personally I hope not- one of the factors that makes Counter-Strike Source so easy to play is that the levels are incredibly well lit. There's no need for brightskins or anything (though the new Arctic model would certainly clarify as a brightskin in practically any other game). If the brightness in UT2007 is anything like these vids, we might never need to puke over a glowstick again!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  13. OutlawSkot33

OutlawSkot33 Im me.

The level looks awsome. The stinger, eh, crappy gun model from UC2..probably still the same crappy gun from UC2, Ide rather have my UT99 minigun instead of that crappy glass shard spewer. The rocket launcher, I thought it was supposed to be firing grenades again for alt fire, I didnt see any grenades.. I like the how the guns look, but the question is, the damage. I would like to see how the damage is done. In UT99, the guns performed great, UT2004, their damage was lessened, and UC2, they just tickled unless you unloaded every bit of ammunition you had..

14. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Haven't seen you here a while, Outlaw. :)

Personally, I think Epic should abandon all the weapon models that had for UC2 and opt out for UT2004's, maybe some UT99 looks. I mean, the rocket launcher from UC2 looked like a construction utensil.. Seriously guys.

15. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

WOOOOOHOOOOO!
    that looks sooooo awesome! the map, the weapons... those detailed textures on the ground and walls!
    i can hardly wait for that game :D

16. Torvec

Torvec GL, HF, AND DIE!!!!

wow....i still can't believe that mystery gun from all those months ago was the link gun the whole time, and i must say it looks bad-ass :eek:

hell everything in that map looked freakin bad-ass, i wonder what epic has up their sleeves now for E3 (which is in like 2 and a half weeks i think)

17. Israphel

Israphel Sim senhor, efeitos especial

I know it's the thing to say "Looks cool, BUT..."

But I have no "buts", and I personally think this looks awesome and I am pretty certain I'm going to love it.
    The movement speed looks superb, the lighting looks great and the level looked really nice..no pointless static meshes. It would have been nice to see them demonstrate a few jumps so we could see how they're going to turn out, but I guess we can't have everything.
    I like all the weapon models, the link primary looks sweet and I really love the rocket sound (sorry Brizz). It actually sounds like a rocket.

So apologies for being uncool, but I think this looks great.

EDIT: Does anyone else find when they are watching ingame fps demos that they are using their mouse trying to turn around....?

....No?....

...Just me then :(

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  18. madspacemarinemustdie

madspacemarinemustdie ...

Please, please be playable on my PC... I would even play on 320x240...

....with FSAA at x4 ;)

19. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

UC2 rocket launcher/flak cannon kick ass,

The rocket launcher is a big improvement over UT2k4, loads of moving parts!

20. L0cky

L0cky UT Envious

If you listen carefully, the rocket launcher sounded like it had a lot of bass that doesn't get picked up well in these kind of shakycam vids.