New UT2004 Screenshots!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
It's turning out to be a pretty big weekend for Unreal news. First the Unreal II Multiplayer Announcement, and now some brand new UT2004 shots to drool over. GenGamers.com have six new UT2004 screenshots, showing off player models, vehicles, spider mines, and the slightly-changed UT2004 HUD.

We've also mirrored the images right here on BU for all you lazy people...

What do you think of these shots? Better than the last set of UT2004 shots? Click the 'Post A Comment' link above and have your say!

I

>ID<Krille

AMmayhem said:
The player model in the third pic looks really stupid to me. Everything else looks good though. :tup:

lol u crazy that's Gorge...

pic's looks nice though =) the "space ships" on shot 2 looks alittel boring they could have had alittel more creative design

jevus

От България
Feb 17, 2003
pic's looks nice though =) the "space ships" on shot 2 looks alittel boring they could have had alittel more creative design

lmfao! are you on dope guy? lol, as soon as i saw those spaceships i was sold! tho it would be good to have one large spaceship, like atlantis (but better design)

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
talk about genre-blending...

If they could add a strategy element of sorts...that would be delicious...or they might have already and i didnt notice...

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Remember, the vehicles are intended for a single gametype. The others are still there untouched.

I don't see what is wrong with the Skarrj model. It looks very nice to me. No, he doesn't look just like the Skaarj in Unreal (neither did the UT Skaarj IMO). He has sort of a Balrog look to him. Who says we've seen all the different types of Skaarj anyway? It looks badass and it's a professionally done new model. I'm glad it's there.

I'd agree with the ships from the shots I've seen. They don't look very threatening. They look more like transport ships... but who knows? Maybe they are!

Last, but not least... I hope that LG scope goes away. I don't care for it. Especially the way it is effected by light/lens flares.

Half_Lunatic

Other Half Not There
Jun 24, 2002
Bmore
Visit site
I like the Skaarj Model. Doesn't resemble U1 or UT models but who cares it looks great. Seems like they're doing some changes to the skins. Gorge has more color now I guess to help distingish whos on what team. Spider bombs look pretty good to me. It would be great to be able to control one your self >:) . Some vehi cles look nice but some look like they could have been done better but they still look nice. Custom HUD would be great. I would like a light grey/white hud. 4 Teams again would be nice along with the original domination. I want to see the ability to choose your color to show even outside of team games like in UT. Choose normal blue,red,green,or yellow.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Ships are never threatening, it's those who use it. :p
I think both assault and onslaught will have vehicles no?

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Oh I think a ship design can be threatening. Those just look sorta cute and round like a shuttle or something. Maybe menacing is a better word.

Even something as benign as this ship is a little scarier. ;)
bugship.jpg