1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New US Army Camouflage - ICK!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 5eleven, Jun 14, 2004.

1. 5eleven

5eleven I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain

Okay, it's official I changed my mind. OICW: That link, beyond the fact that Col John Norwood is an absolute f*cking dork, convinced me........in addition to the last few comments regarding grey. I'm not real sure if I'd consider that grey, some of the lighting/photography indicated a bit more green than I thought. I would REALLY like to see some test shots in different environments, from decent distances. I still question some of the things the obviously NOT combat veteran Col Norwood said, but.........I've changed my mind and am starting to like it. If you watch the entire video they incorporated some pretty good ideas, some not so great.

Thanks for the comments, info and links, you fegz. :D

2. Shrap

Shrap Beaver

@ Derelan :

I saw CADPAT in action at several airsoft games and I can tell you that even at really close range ( 10-50 m ), if the guy stop moving, he's totally invisible. ( if he has good face camo and stuff like that ) An object in motion is easy to spot in the wood, even cadpat but if he drop down, good ****ing luck !

3. Dr. Mojo Ph.D.

Dr. Mojo Ph.D. New Member

Grey obviously reflects the colours around it, to some extent (grey being a neutral colour,) so when you're in green, it'll look greener, etc., etc.

As I said, anybody with a camera knows why grey is magic.

4. perrin98

perrin98 New Member

I'll tell you from personal experience that CADPAT rocks. The CF now however are going overboard with it. They're starting to issue cadpat boots and cadpat C8's which are essentially M4's, covered in the good'ol green cadpat. I think it looks horrendous, but according to a buddy of mine in Wainwright (wainWRONG!) they look pretty good all kitted out in LAV3's.

-LordPerrin

5. DAB

DAB Spam, it's what's for dinner!

How the hell is that supposed to blend in with anything?

6. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

Way to not read the thread, jackass!