1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New players to start in jail for competitive matches

Discussion in 'Jailbreak General' started by Ikkuh, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

What I meant was: terminate JBAddonLlama and load our custom one. Sry for lacking to write it down properly...again :p

Last edited: Apr 3, 2006
  2. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

Disabling the llama hunt add-on will send players who reconnected while in jail straight back to jail. So there's no need for another add-on to make that happen.

Llamaizing jail-camping players is done in JBAddonProtection (by spawning a JBLlamaPendingTag for the llama-to-be). The obvious place to configure that jail campers should be sent to jail (and not llamaized) would thus be the configuration of the Protection add-on, not the Llama add-on.

3. Jrubzjeknf

k, thx for the info Mych.

/needs to do his homework better

4. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Ok, I can look into doing that -- I'll change the current option to a drop-down:
    Code:
    Punish jail campers:  Send back to jail
                                Make into llamas

So for this addon, we need:

* new players join matches in jail
    * escapes are not allowed

Can anyone think of a better name than JBCompetitive?

5. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

SensibleJB? lol

Its JB without the bits that make you laugh.
    JBCompetative will be fine though imo

6. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

PureJB
    CleanJB
    JBPro
    JBComp

Competitive JB sounds good to me though

7. Mychaeel

Mychaeel New Member

"Zero Tolerance"

8. dc

dc

i am a competitive player and i think the only thing that needs to be changed about the mod is the player join exploit. thats it. jb is fun the way it is, dont screw it up by dumbing it down

one way to avoid jail camping would be having multiple exits on different parts of the map, or just have players spawn at spawn points instead of just walking out.

or even simpler, just have players invincible until that swirly llama thingy wears off

*shrug*

Last edited: Apr 4, 2006
  9. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Yes. The best solution is to just get rid of that door altogether and have a teleport instead. That's of no real concern to this new addon though. :p

10. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

Each feature of this add-on will be a selectable option.
    Up to each organizer of a competitive match to choose which they want :)

Multiple exits would require us to change maps.
    Spawning back in base could be done -- what do people think of adding this to the addon?
    IIRC, players *are* invincible while they are under release protection -- the swirly thing ;)

11. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

They are, but your weapons do no damage or the projection wears off when you shoot someone. I think if you were both invincible and could still do damage to the enemy it'd really deter jail camping. As it is now on TWL, though you have seven seconds of invincibility, oftentimes the enemy will just wait for that to wear off and then kill you because they know you can't hurt them while they wait there in the mean time.

12. howlatnight

howlatnight Member

Llamas NEED to stay. Its a strategy where the person on the other team is trying to kill the player that just released his team, and the just released player jumps infront of his rox/flak/combo whatever and then can kill him for an adrenaline bonus. Its fun to cause a llama. People shouldnt be trying to kill the people just out of jail(aka spawn raping), if you like that get in a manta in ONS but dont do it here.

13. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

You mean a player with release protection deliberately gets in the way of another player just as he fired, so he gets made a llama?
    That doesn't seem very sporting to me, or very fair.
    The purpose of llamas is to protect the newly-released players, not give them a tactical advantage, and not to give them an opportunity to bait other players.
    IMO, if you do that to a player, then YOU'RE the llama.

Fact is, I don't even see why we have to code joining in jail -- can't the teams of a ccompetitive match AGREE that nobody will join once the match is started?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2006
  14. Ikkuh

Ikkuh Phear the nades

some competitive teams aren't competitive. Unless it is a lot of work to do, I think this should be implemented. There will always be 12 y/o kiddies complaining and/or exploiting these kind of things.

But I don't play competitive JB, so I shouldn't say stuff like this :rolleyes:

15. tarquin

tarquin design is flawed

No, it should be possible... I hope :)

16. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Two more possible options for the Addon... ;)
    - Any player that is killed after the switch has been hit won't be able to get out of jail. [The way it's now, if you are short of health, you can hit the switch, suicide, and the jail will stay opened enough time to respawn and get out of it, it only costs -1 frags... :rolleyes:]
    - Disallow shooting out of jails in the maps it's allowed [It won't change much... just another idea...].

17. Jrubzjeknf

Wrong. You get a frag for each player released, including you. You only gain a death and a suicide in your statistics.