1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NEW PEOPLE PLEASE read this thread.

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by NTKB, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Beppo

Beppo Infiltration Lead-Programmer

*now jump* ;)

I don't remember the name of the player I met some days ago while playing online but he lives or lived near Mostar for 'some' years and stated that it looks a 'bit' different. :)
    Even with the best photos and blueprints you can only make it look similar for those that were or are still living there.
    This doesn't mean that those maps like Mostar are bad... no they are brilliant, but they are still 'just' a copy of the original mixed up with designs the mapper comes up with. Again, cool stuff.

2. Fat Marrow

Fat Marrow Vegetable

Agreed.

Good mapping on the UT engine (like Mostar, etc) is like Impressionist painting -- sure, none of the brushes/brush strokes look like real things, but taken as a whole they really evoke the feeling of a place...

/pretentious

3. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Dude EAS-GreatInnlight. :( We need that so bad! ;)

4. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Not only GreatInn-Lite, but also gatehouse (with less players this should be funny). :)
    Btw. what is with some of AH's maps? I guess LV426 would be funny - ok very hard, but funny - or Swamprat ...?
    There are really many maps out worth a conversion does anyone rembember Silver Ibex's TigerHunt (2) e.g.? :)

PS.: OK, there are some maps named after the location which they are based on (no they have the name of the mappers grandmother :eek: ), but most maps out there don't look similar to their roots. (FM your map looks similar ;) - he showed some pictures of it - didn't you also say that some/one of the buildings will be pull down?).

5. Alpha_9

Alpha_9 Infiltration lead level designer

NOOOOOoooooooo..........

*looks over his inadequate bridge and jumps*

AHHHHH.... SPLASH

*hurts himself*

6. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

you can start EASing...
    i would love to see many many many 2.86 maps. all the officials maps , plus some customs (aH maps like Swamprat, Murkwood, Sunset express, Realthing, Realmanor, plus others like containing criminals, china, office...list goes on)

tigerhunt 2? it was a forgotten map untill i puted it on vega server and it became a hit ;)

7. Freon

Freon Braaaaiinss...

Many of AH maps are too small for EAS. Maybe DasBoot could be good though :)

8. zeep

zeep :(

I agree, 2.9 maps kick ass.
    Mostar looks and feels awesome.
    2.9 maps can ( and should ) compete with any commercial production out there. For all these talented mappers i guess UT's engine was like the starting ground. With better engines coming along ( and better editors ) they'll be able to pull off things they dreamt about in the past.
    When inf hits ut2k4 we'll get some more asswhooping maps i bet!

noooo!! that map is teh EVIL bottleneck !!

hehe, but serious now; containing criminals may look good (cough) but it's a map with only one route! You guys heard that? ONE route. Need i say more?

9. Vega-don

One route= teh good :D

ah's maps aren't to small...:) they rock ! close combat !!!!

10. Vega-don

if you reverse the map. and put the atacker spawn near the "evil chokepoint" and put the objective in the other side of the map it should be ok , fights would occure in another area, where theire is more than 1 way ;)

11. mat69

mat69 just fooling around

Maybe I try it, but first only private conversions, because I do not want to ask anyone if I can converte his/her map(s) and then producing pure **** out of them. :D

Contaminated would be also nice, I think it would be better than ContainingCriminals.

12. DarkBls

DarkBls Inf Ex-admin

Yes you're right. Dosn't look as Avignon. A map In the palais de Papes would be great ! :D (Sniping from the rocher des dons, chasing in the old underground water complex etc.. )

13. NTKB

NTKB Banned

I think that no map is too small for EAS. With the right teamwork and spawn placage it should run smooth.

14. Vega-don

yes. just redo the spawns , put some snipers , like i did for platoon ;)

humm interresting fact that middle of nowhere is free to use , i just read the readme