New Mod "Requiem"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

kannosis

Feb 4, 2005
I am currently working on a single player mod for unreal tournament 2004 also considiring to incorporate co-op play...

Fist I will give you a vary brief over view of the game, it doesnt completly tell you what the game is about but thats because if I told you all the details you wouldnt need to play the mod after would you?. .. er the over view is kinda long..

Prologue - Requiem
Requiem is set in the year 2008 to 2011; the world goes through a third world war and is plunged into a great depression. During the war one side used a weather control system to slow down their enemies’ forces, it was greatly effective but the long term effects could be fatal to the entire planet, leaving the earth in a winter like state all year around; this transformation would take years for the earth to recover from.
It has been 4 years since the war ended, the world has changed a lot since the great war and now earth is under a New World Order, Ruled by one world government; the side that won the war betrayed the people and have taken most if not all the citizens’ rights away, It has become a dictatorship, There is however a secret organization that is rebelling against this one world government, they are called the New World Resistance. Formed and led by Rayner Arkenstone, to go against the new government and restore the citizens’ rights and freedom.
Fortunately After the war Kissinger, “Rayners first born brother”, quickly moved from their old positions as covert ops and joined the new government under cover to aid Rayners NWR in succeeding at overthrowing the one world government. Unfortunately Kissinger joined after the Great War because his brother Rayner had died during the cleansing mission; he felt that something needed to be done and by risking his life in the enemy’s hands, he was giving the ultimate sacrifice for his brother.
Kannosis the younger of the two brothers also helped during the cleansing mission along side his brothers. He was blamed for Rayners death just after the war. He was sent to serve life in prison but they trialed him again thinking it was not a harsh enough punishment. He was sentenced to death on December 16th 2010; the execution day was one day after new years.

Requiem

Kannosis was sent a package just 2 days after his sentence. The package contained a book with many inscriptions that were unrecognizable, but the book contained many images that resembled angels standing right next to demons. There was one image of a cathedral that towered over a city but the city looked too twisted and demented to be man made… the book contained images of what seemed to look like three angels, but the center angel was different from the other two, with one wing angelic and the other demonic.

Just weeks after new years, there seemed to be a lot of activity going on in the “New Metropolis",
The opening of the new Remembrance spire stirred up lots of commotion in the old city. The new city itself was literally built on top of the old AI construct that was destroyed during the war. Making citizens wonder what purpose was there to the remains of the AI. Many strange things are happening at the old city, the streets seemed to become more empty, bodies started to turn up but they were utterly mutilated. Many citizens claim to have seen figures moving in the dark alley ways of the city.

You’re finally out of the hell hole you were caged in wondering who freed you and who betrayed you.

And I have one Peice of Concept art and deskto.. eer and another concept art of the main charecter and his brother Rayner, just to give you an idea of how the games charecters will look. Please note this is not some counter terrism game or some space opera yada yada.. consider it more fantasy and conspiricy.

Well if anyone is interested we currently are looking for.

-Coders
-Sound Artists
-Texture Artists
-Mappers

And just because your skill may not be listed drop me a line anyway I will hold onto your contact for later.

Unfortunatly The Web Site is not up and im hosting the concept art on
an image web site thingy :lol:

kannosis

Feb 4, 2005
A little more info.

Sorry but I read my post over a bit.. and I think Theres just to little info about the game itself and the story, so im gunna try and tell you a little bit more.

The main charecters role in Requiem is to uncover the truth of what happend in WWIII, His brothers death was put on him. After the main charecter "Kannosis" Gets out of prison he is shot during the escape and finds himself waking up in a condemned church.
(Im gunna skip a little)
Once you finally meet up with your dead brothers colleagues you need to look for a man, this man is a prophet, and has another book like the one that you recived in prison.

Now there are three books, each containing information about three individuals each containing information about there life to come.

Here is a peice that comes straight out of the game documentation

"What is the significance about the year 2012 and the game?
Real facts- 2012 is when the Mayan calendar ends, but there are still other calendars yet to be revealed. And we are currently "between worlds". And this is also known as the "Apocalypse" or "Revealing". 2012 marks the end of the 5th world and there for marks the begging of the 6th world which we the 'co-creators" must shape the world to what we want it to be.
And this is how the game and characters come into play:
There will be three brothers sent to earth with unknown parents and backgrounds. These three must decide which of them will become the earth's messiah? (I wanna use another name for this because I don't want to be playing god, for he will be mad at me and strike me with lighting bolts made from ping pong balls.) The rules of the three are as follows.. 1. They must all agree or the decision will not be made.
2. If one of the brothers dies, the other two still must agree on the same decision of who will be the messiah. but with out the other brother.
3. If two brothers die then the remaining shall automatically gain the role.
All three brothers cannot die as soon as two die the last one automatically becomes immortal.

Well I hope that describes the game a little bit better.
kind fo am in need of some one to bounce this story off of and to touch up some of the plot.