1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

new map release today!Removeing custom textures

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by -=Muffstuffer=-, Oct 22, 2001.

?

Do you want More outdoor, wilderness maps?

Poll closed Nov 5, 2001.
  1. Yes, low poly terrain maps would be great!

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Dunno Muff, have to ask my wife

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Nope, I already own deltaforce and want to stick with lame models and fetureless buildings.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO way, Too many bugs and dangerous animals, outside gives me the whillys!

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. -=Muffstuffer=-

-=Muffstuffer=- New Member

Someone please HELP! I have added a texture from one of my custom packs that is 14 megs! the map was suposed to be just inf textures! the map size is 700K and I dont want to include textures with map.I have tried to apply the custom texture to a surface then selecting all matching textures changed it to an inf texture, then rebuilt masp. but when I load map it still looks for texture pack :( this realy sucks!. Can someone PLEEEEEZE help me.
    AS soon as I get this problem fixxed I can upload it to GullOneFox and have it released today, anyone who helps me I will ICQ or e-mail map to so you get it before anyone else for helping me :) The map is a large park in the middle of the city, I used the terrain editor from simcity 3000, and their fractal mountains look supper real! the map is lightning fast! only 150 polys at the highest point on map! Alot of people online have asked me to do a forest or a jungle map, well this is as close to it as I can get useing unreal ed! LOTS of TREES lots of cover! Lakes, ponds and rivers to use to sneek up and flank the enemy!

I will wait for a couple of days for a reply, otherwise I am going to have to make an entire map pack just for terrains map like this one, so I can justify the huge texture pack. I realy dont want to do this, I wanted to release 1 to 2 maps a week for a server that I play on and also for the tbuildt team to put up on site. Tis series of small and midsized terrain maps are alot like delta force. The terrains look supper real! no Jagged edges or square corrners simcity terrain ed is AWESOME for doing this! the map sizes are realy small and servers dont have to worry about people haveing to disconect and find map elsewhere, they can just get from server in under a minuet or 2 and be in the game!well I am going to go and start makeing another terrain map, this one I am going to thorw in a couple of ruined buildings and maby somekind of under ground drainage system that players can use to pop up all over the map. anyway have a nice DAY :)

Thanks for takeing the time to read this

2. -kain-

-kain- lurker

do what you did and then type 'texture cull' at the log window at the bottom of the editor, rebuild (don't even know if this is necessary) and save.