1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Map on AFA2: You pick.

Discussion in 'General Infiltration Discussion' started by erehwoN, Feb 17, 2002.

1. mute_dammit

mute_dammit Just mute, dammit!

I say we should all squabble about it for a bit, then erehwon should just drop DasBoot and leave it at that :D

I get 40-50 fps on RealAssault. GF2, 1Ghz Athlon. Relics just runs weirdly - in the tombs it's always good, but around the villages (sometimes even in a small building) the framerate drops to unplayable. I dunno what it is - yeah, something's busted, but it's remained busted through 2 clean installs of my OS. I want that map cut, even if I have to sacrifice playing RealAssault to get it.

Someone please fix Vietnam so either a) the sky gets dark at night and looking sortof almost halfway up doesn't totally fuck your night vision or b) night just doesn't happen.

Murkwood (new AH map) is neato to the max. Even if it doesn't make it on the maplist you should check it out.

2. vedder

vedder See This Needle? See my arm...

NOOOOOOO dont dump relics..... i love that map.... Its one map i really seem to suck at, and for that reason its strangely appealing... it must not leave til i master its secrets.

3. DarkSniper

DarkSniper Do something other than design levels?

Hey Guys, I appreciate all the votes for Return to the Killing Fields. But that map was the very first map I made for INF. Looking back I can see that I knew very little about mapping... (not that I now know much more LOL). As for the Robar being king there, you are correct Storm. Thanks for the votes, but there are much better maps out there.

But I would not be against making a server to play the few that do like it every now again :)

When I was converting Murkwood for Angelheart all I could think was AFA2 for this map. The only thing is there a very very few pathnodes on the map. I actually went around and added random pathnodes that are not even connected to the path network just for RA. Because before I did that there were only around 9 total. So I dont know what effect that would have on random spawn.

4. {GD}Ghost

{GD}Ghost Counter Terrorist Operative

I'd say get rid of Vietnam, Relics and Das Boot. I like Das Boot, but its hell buggy. It needs a little touch up before its AFA2 material.

I wouldn't mind Macedonia, BigClapper, Asian Wilderness. Any new maps would be a pleasant change provided they play better than Vietnam, Relics and Das Boot. Relics is just boring as hell. Das Boot is buggy and Vietnam sux ass for more reasons than I feel like listing right now.

5. Guardian_BOB

Guardian_BOB Glitch! BFG!

New version of panzer, panzer2 -runs much better now.

6. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

The two new maps, DesertBase and WAT?

7. erehwoN

erehwoN The Bass Ackwards BTL

Alright guys, tomorrow I will compile the 10 'best' suggestions from this thread and put up a poll for you guys to vote on. Now, I need to go check out Murkwood.:)

8. Loko Draucarn

Loko Draucarn medic...? oh, god, the pain...

one request... less of funkstylz's daytime maps... the luminous skies are getting painful. no offense funk, but they really hurt.

9. Phuzzybear

Phuzzybear Mr Happy

wow

There are so many good maps please for the love of Mary DO NOT add scramble, sleepytown or any other bitch slap cqb maps. I will review all the good ones and get back with my "most wanted" but when I saw Scramble I almost hurled!

10. CoMaNdore<TBF>

CoMaNdore<TBF> #define _FAMAS_USER_H

i dont care as long as Norwich dont get on the list ..!!!!!!!!
    its the most blocky thing I ever played that .. )&(&)"¤&"&¤!€@€@£€@@{{@{2""%/"""¤%/=&%=/"=% map !!!!

11. Khutan

Khutan Always in a vicious circle....

Pathnodes that have no paths leading from them won't be used for team-start locations ;) So as long as they had at least one path leading from them, they'll be useful (even if it's just two nodes with one path between them, with neither connected to any other nodes, they'll be used). If they're just pathnode's sitting in the middle of nowhere, not connected to anything, RandomTeamSpawn will filter them out as invalid ;)

12. erehwoN

13. jlamb_vo

jlamb_vo {GD}Spunky{Pfc}

Wow, it would seem that makes two of us.

***frankness warning***

Maybe I need to take a cruise on the short bus, but Norwich is *the* map I just Don't Get. It feels sooo UT or maybe TO to me. It doesn't even seem to allow very functional teamwork, it wreaks of arena+sniperloft formula a little too much.

Anyone want to enlighten me on why this completely empty, coverless, uniformly textured lego map is so popular at all much less in the rotation on AFA2 before so many fantastic maps?

14. erehwoN

Because I 0\/\/n Norwich with mah /\C0G!:D