[New map] CLN-IslandHop

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-BaSToS-

New to UT2004 maping
Oct 12, 2004
Hi,

I'm new to UT2004 maping & I just started converting ONS-IslandHop (from editor's choice bonus pack) to Clone Bandits.

This is my first map convertion so don't be too cruel.

editor's choice bonus pack is needed for textures & meshes files (you can download it from GamersHell for example)

here is the link : http://xbastosx.free.fr/ut2004/CLN-IslandHop_beta1.rar

have fun & give me feedback on how to enhance this map.

PS : high jumping from the moscowboy into water (without damage) is a real plaisure.... :lol:

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Well done on starting another new map for CB, a good conversion is always welcome.

Please go to the bandits *clones united* forum mentioned mentioned in the "*Clones United* Opening now. " thread by hollib, and select join the clan from the quicklinks to allow you to get to our private forum where beta maps are discussed and start qa thread with your new map.

That way you can get controlled feedback on your map, and I will stick it in the rotation on my server

Welcome to Clone Bandits

Bandits *Clones United* forum link

Last edited:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
Hello,

yeah, you can join our forum....but first things first.....I'll try not to be too cruel ;)

1. delete all the weaponlockers. (If you don't already know, right click on an object, go to select and click select all weaponlocker (or in other cases, whatever you are selecting), and then while holding control double click on one of them. this will bring up the properties for all of whatever you selected. of course in this case, you don't need to worry about properties; just select all matching and then right click ->delete. )

2. Botpathing issues. first, delete all the hoverpathnodes, they are only for mantas in ONS. However, in the end you want all your paths from the nodes to be white or yellow (red is also OK depending on what you have done in terms of proscribed paths). right click on the side of your viewport and go to view ->showpaths to see these. You want white and yellow paths because the bots only use white and yellow paths with vehicles; if any of them are green on the way to the objective they will instantly jump out of the vehicle right after getting in and start walking. Often, one of the easiest ways to fix this is select all roadpathnodes, hold cntrl and double click to bring up the propterties, then go to maxroaddist in the roadpathnode tab thingy, and set it down to something like 5000 instead of 10,000. (in that new map of mine in the other thread I had to set a lot down to 1500 or 2000 so they wouldn't make bad paths to other nodes and f*ck the pathing). for more info read here http://blitz.unrealplayground.com/tutorials/bots.html although I hope you have a general idea of how botpathing works.....if not then look here..... http://www.planetunreal.com/architectonic/tutorials/first_level_part9.html of course keep in mind that pathnode are different from roadpathnodes are different from hoverpathnodes etc......anyway, this shouldn't be much of a problem, as this map is already pretty much set up for bots already.

I hope I'm not making a fool of myself telling you stuff you already know, lol.

3. It would be nice if you could replace both the fog ring in the skyubox, and both distance fogs (the one in the skybox and in the main zoneinfo) with some kind of blue that would work better with this map. brown doesn't quite seem right.

4. bases--put the vehicles inside the base, basically, stuff like that. I myself am horrible with bases, however, so if you want help with that ask someone else here.

well that's all I could see with the editor now I am going to go play it a little :)

hollib

Registered Bandit
Aug 6, 2004
lübeck, germany.
Aloha -BaSToS-
and welcome to Clone Bandits ! :)
Good to have another mapper around.
Just tried the map, ok,
but needs some tuning, yep.

hollib :)

And Screech, a little bit cruel...
(looked for the fog, cant simply remove)

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
lol, yeah I know I am....

I tried playing it, you need to set the playerstarts correctly:

http://www.demiurgestudios.com/CloneBandits/CloneBanditsTutorial.pdf

However the rest of the pathing looked OK, so maybe you can ignore my above botpathing comments about setting maxdist etc.....as long as the hoverpathnodes are taken out.

hollib didn't you do a conversion of this map a while ago too?

edit: wow, it seems like everybody is here right now--me, hollib, cravensmythe, Rhl........

Last edited:

-BaSToS-

New to UT2004 maping
Oct 12, 2004
cravensmythe said:
Please go to the bandits *clones united* forum mentioned mentioned in the "*Clones United* Opening now. " thread by hollib,
I'm allready registered...so that's OK
and select join the clan from the quicklinks to allow you to get to our private forum where beta maps are discussed and start qa thread with your new map.
That's where my problem is, I must be blind or totaly creazy but where is the quicklink ????