New Look

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Switch` said:
Where's the No Skin option? I want it to look like bu forums - small gradient on top and that's it - No noise behind text.

I second that.

I like the topbar and the new seperators in the panels, but I'm on the fence on the rest. It looks kinda neat, but I dunno if it really fits BU...

Oh, and is that box above the news permanent? I think it's a shame that it pushes the news down on the page.

Edit: I really like the forum look btw.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Very nice:2thumb:

Was browsing at work and noticed something different.. but couldnt put my finger on it since the computers there are ancient. Good job team

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
Yea...I have the latest version of Opera, and it works fine for me.
Wolferey said:
Uch, I hate the 8 version (have it at work), the Xs are bad (as you see, I got alot of tabs open, its a big mess with it when I suddenly close a tab >,<) so I never bothered to upgrade opera on my home PC :rolleyes:
You're using an older version of Opera just because you don't like the close tab X's? Wow. You don't even have to use the X's to close a tab, I just go down-right with the mouse (turn on the mouse gestures).

As for the layout...I have no comment except it has 2 things I hate - completely black fonts (at least use a dark gray...I hate black fonts. People think it goes well with everything...I think it's way too contrasting) and 2) bright blue links. And when they're combined, it really hurts my eyes :(

I don't like the low opacity background image either. Changing skins should mean changing the color of the layout...not switching out a 10 percent opacity image or something.

Sorry, but...I really don't like the new look. The content is still top quality though..I come here to read, not look anyways. Just keep up the news coverage :D

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Yeah sorry guys but I don't like it much either. Really not a fan of 10% opacity backgrounds, here's hoping we get an option to replace that with a flat colour &/or have the old theme back

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Btw, why doesn't the new layout stretch to make use of the entire window space like the old design? It looks kinda cramped now tbh.

mcrosley21

Aug 10, 2005
Wolferey said:
Its all messed up in my opera browser :(

I have the same problem I use IE at work today and it looked Very nice I liked it. When I came home to my mac (yes mac) and lunched safari everthing was messed up firefox may have the same problem because IE is not standards complant. unlike every one else

edit: it also happens in IE for mac there is no way for me to see it corectly now.

Last edited:

Destructive-Fly

Jul 30, 2004
When I saw the text saying there was option to change the theme I really hoped to find the old layout. This layout is just crap. It's boxed up junk which makes BU look like an amateuristic site. Improvements are vastly needed (as in give the old layout back) if this site want's to stay in my bookmarks.

PigBear

Jun 3, 2004
OMG! Really sweet, clean, fast and looking good, the opposite to me a sunday morning...

fuegerstef

Nov 7, 2003
KillingRoom
fuegerstef.de
Wormbo said:
Why is it called "skin" when it really only seems to be the background image that changes?

Wanted to ask the same. I even tried with different Browsers as I thought that the the non-changing skins were due to the caching Problems Firefox sometimes has...

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
Destructive-Fly said:
Improvements are vastly needed (as in give the old layout back) if this site want's to stay in my bookmarks.

Like it or not, BU should always be in everyone's bookmarks. :)

EXE-973

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
I finally put my finger on it. It looks like it's a part of jolt.co.uk. One of those sites for people who can't make/afford there own