1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

New Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TAZTG, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TAZTG

TAZTG Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference

OK, I know we had one like this before but to tired to find it.
    Was just reading about this new game.
    Borderlands..

http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/home.htm

Looks pretty interesting, I like the Co-Op up to 4 people. Have yu heard anything good about this??

2. Devastator

Devastator What are YOU looking at?

Looks like it could be fun.

3. TAZTG

Trading weapons, Customizing, Co-Op sounds fun to me as well. Have to keep an eye for this one..

ANy other games worthy of trying out.. I know Huxley is a much awaited title..

4. Devastator

Yeah, Huxley was supposed to be out 2 years ago and is still a no show.

5. TAZTG

Huxley is a massively multiplayer online first person shooting game utilizing the UNREAL3 engine to create a world of up to 5,000 players in the same gaming environment. Huxley takes place in a post-apocalyptic world where human beings have mutated and are divided into two opposing races, Sapiens and Alternative. At the center of the battle for survival is Lunarites, a promising new energy source highly coveted by both races. Forced to battle against one another for the continuance of each race, Sapiens and Alternatives will do whatever it takes to wipe out the opposition and gain control of the world and its resources.

Been looking at the Screens at IGN.. Sort of has that Guild Wars look, with the Radar, Inventory/Storage, Suppose its just the wait game now...

6. TAZTG

Far Cry 2 Published by: Ubisoft
    Developed by: Ubisoft Montreal
    Release Date: October 21, 2008
    First-Person Shooter immerses players in an entirely new kind of gaming experience, featuring a custom-made video game engine built from the ground up. Players discover a true open world gameplay set in Africa, brought to life by high-definition next-gen technology. »

hmmm, might be a good way to waste some money and time..

Fallout 3: Published by: Bethesda Softworks
    Developed by: Bethesda Softworks
    Release Date: October 28, 2008
    Genre: RPG
    Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.

7. Devastator

Probably not gonna go into Far Cry as I don't have the first one and didn't get into Crysis all that much...

Might look into Fallout

8. TAZTG

Yea Fallout looks pretty intersting.. Huxley sounds very cool...
    I am really holding out for DNF.. Man, it should be done in a year or two..:lol::lol:

9. Shattered_Steel

Shattered_Steel Birthed of Destruction

I'll be getting Fallout. It's a great series, period. I'm only hoping that this game continues the fabulous tradition.

10. TAZTG

If it was so good why didn't you urge us to try it.. Man, you holding out on us.. Come on brother Steel, share the knowledge.. Hey: You forgot to pick up your BIOSHOCK Box.. Oh well, you probably don't keep the boxes anyway.

11. Shattered_Steel

Shattered_Steel Birthed of Destruction

Taz, I'm talking about the series: Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics. The first two are RPGs with a lot of turn-based combat. Tactics is a squad-based strategy game based on the combat of Fallout that can be either turn-based or real-time. Fallout 3 will be different because there will be much more 1st person in it. Everything else for Fallout has been 3/4 top-down view (like Diablo). The Fallout universe has an excellent background story, and I have enjoyed the games very much.

And Taz, I did see the Bioshock box there, but I didn't even think of taking it with me. Dunno why.

12. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Make choices, don't look back...

I've been so bored lately. I'm actually considering a 2K4 comeback tour. The problem is there are no LGI servers left without the stupid super-speed and multi-dodge settings. You know, the spiderman ****. Do you think if we were to start up an LGI 136/35 server "The way its meant to be played", would we get a populated server?

13. «BuA»Lurker_71

«BuA»Lurker_71 Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg

I'd play on it. ;)

14. TAZTG

Count me in on 2K4 cause your right GW is getting boring now and besides UT2004 was a freaking awesome game.

We need to establish a Team of Server Admins. so we can have folks on as much as possible. We will also need someone for the SuperAdmin slot to Config. the Server and keep it updated. We can all help with uploading maps and stuff plus we will need to check for a redirect server.
    I still have some money left on AOWC so it would be easy to start one up. I can search at home but I might just might have the old Config. Files which would be beneficial..

Possible Server Name!!

«BuA» LGI-136/35 *Old School-CTF* :):)

15. Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher Make choices, don't look back...

Or something similar to that yes. We COULD add the other more common play styles as well... but I miss this stuff so bad.

16. Devastator

17. Devastator

Anybody checked out Left 4 Dead?

18. TAZTG

Yea, we revived it and now have a Server up and running. You was talking about UT2004 right?? :lol:

Nope, no new games here.. Playing alot of UT and its actually FUN..

19. Devastator

L4D demo is out, Just got donw downloading it. I'll test and see what this game is about.

20. «BuA»Lurker_71

«BuA»Lurker_71 Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg

It's a MP zombie frag fest where 4 people can play as the survivors of a zombie holocaust trying to escape/survive the city, and other players can play as the zombies chasing them.
    The requirements are similar to UT3, if I remember correctly.