New FHI server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I have had the FHI server up and running for almost a week now.

I have SMP and RPG mods also installed. The BOSS and OBJ maps crash the server for some reason that I haven't had the chance to see. But, I'm assume it is a conflict with RPG or SMP or both.

Otherwise, it seems to be running fine. I haven't checked to see if the FHI monsters with weapons don't have weapons as they aren't configured in my waves.

Check it out, it's pretty hard to level up at first, the waves are difficult and challenging.

I will soon add the CBP maps tomorrow or this weekend.

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
www.bazutmaps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Yup, its RPG, it crashes the game if its OBJ, didnt know about BOSS though, thought that was ok, im prolly wrong though. Satore Monsters work well enough, but it very good fun when mixed, though certain maps are great with just V3 monsters.

Im using RPG 1.1, but expect any version will crash the OBJ and BOSS maps.

Its unlikely (i think, could be wrong) that this will be fixed, as its not really supported by FHI team. However a lot of people use it, so maybe they will add support for it in a patch or if there is a version 4.....who knows.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Yes, the OBJ and BOSS maps do crash. I will do a BOSS test this weekend, log the crash, and send it to the RPG mod author. We may have to wait a while for the patch because he just put out RPG ver 1.2.

I noticed that there is a ver1.10 of the SMP mod. Has anyone tried that?

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
Yea, im using SPM 1.10 with V3 monsters mixed. could not get it working for ages, had version 104 then. As people had it working on 107 i wanted to update, especially as NAlI etc were added. I got 1.10, copied the text from the other forum here that was displayed as working. Changed the version numbers with the "find replace" and wala, works a treat :)

If u wanted to know if it fixed any of the issues people are having...no it does not :(

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
bcwood16 said:
Yea, im using SPM 1.10 with V3 monsters mixed. could not get it working for ages, had version 104 then. As people had it working on 107 i wanted to update, especially as NAlI etc were added. I got 1.10, copied the text from the other forum here that was displayed as working. Changed the version numbers with the "find replace" and wala, works a treat :)

If u wanted to know if it fixed any of the issues people are having...no it does not :(

That "find and replace" is the coolest thing evar.

One thing I found wierd is that the FHI maps were not only under the FHI2k4 folder, but also in the ut2004\maps folder too. Is this right?

bcwood16

Baz_uK
May 25, 2004
no, the maps should ONLY be in the FHI2K4 folder, though i think in the Community Map PAck, custom static meshes and music etc go in the main UT folder ones, but maps still go in the FHI2K4 folder.

If you have maps in the main UT maps folder, perhaps they were from version 1? Files from that mod were mixed with all the UT ones, they begin with FHINV though, not the new FHI prefix.

Also, YEA "find replace" WOW, thought it was going to take me AGES to set up, with this, took me 1 moment LOL :)

-]RONO[-_666

Apr 28, 2004
DeathAdder said:
I can't read what that picture says. it's real real small. I assume it says incompatible version. Is this correct?

Heh.. :rolleyes: try to click on the picture.. :lol:

One thing I found wierd is that the FHI maps were not only under the FHI2k4 folder, but also in the ut2004\maps folder too. Is this right?

Run the 'Uninstall FHI2k4 v1' batch file in UT2004\FHI2k4.

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
My game doesn't crash when I use RPG with BOSS or OBJ maps :con: I think it's the files.