New Effects for UT-Classic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

S'Calain

Killy
Feb 13, 2005
maecaune.ma.ohost.de
I hope it will be interesting for those of you, who where mapping for Classic-UT.

First I make a masked-texture, which moves itselves and I addet an detail-texture, which moves, too. I think it will look better, if moving textures have detailtextures, too.

mASKED.JPG

Here ist a video to show that:
Rightklick - Save link as.
Hier

And I made a waterfall, too. I hated the waterfalls, with lightproblems and sharp edges, so I build this waterfall
Wasserfall.jpg

If you want to see a video, how it looks ingame:
Rightklick - Save link as.

Wasserfall

Sorry for bad englisch, i hope you understand, what I wanted to say.

unrealed-germany

Last edited:

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Nice waterfall, gonna keep that in mind, but I don't think the detail texture thing has such a great impact.

S'Calain

Killy
Feb 13, 2005
maecaune.ma.ohost.de
Thx,

Surely the detailtexture won't be that impact, but detailtextures on masked-textures are not normal :D - oke it is macro, but nice, too.
But without doing the things with the detailtextures, I never noticed, how to do the waterfall.