New Concept Vehicle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
Twrecks said:
Code name: "Stryker"
Based on the US Piranha/Stryker APC.
Driver Primary: "get in the vehicle!"
Driver Secondary: Smoke Grenade Launcher, just the black stuff.
Gunner Pimary: Assault Cannon, 3x fire rate of Sniper Rifle, 1/2 damage/rnd.
Gunner Secondary: Zoom (duh)
Speed/Damage: Equal to Harbinger
Purpose: Troop transport. Upto 4 players.
Information: Players can exchange fire outside vehicle (like riding on top)
Driver enters from front of vehicle. Gunner from bed.
Players "catch a ride" by either jumping into bed or running in from behind.

Concept.jpg

Great idea! You get my vote (sorry no critism this time... its a great idea/design/concept!)

Twrecks... your da man! (thanks for all you work.. thanks thanks)

CHEERS!

Last edited:

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Only got 1 hour in this weekend on the Tvehicle pack. Working on some skinz ATM to get the Thawk in game, won't be pretty but will get me driving. The Stryker code is more challenging, and the tank... well I have tread animations and vehicles don't have animations, yet :D

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
I can't believe how little time I've had to work on this project :p
Anyways... I just got a grey scale skin for the Thawk done. I'm a little dissapointed in the UT2004 DVD on vehicle creation, all this time in 3dsMAX and all it talks about is Maya, oh well. I've hashed up some info on the UDN site and will push forward.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 20
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 23
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 28

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Twrecks said:
Code name: "Stryker"
Based on the US Piranha/Stryker APC.
Driver Primary: "get in the vehicle!"
Driver Secondary: Smoke Grenade Launcher, just the black stuff.
Gunner Pimary: Assault Cannon, 3x fire rate of Sniper Rifle, 1/2 damage/rnd.
Gunner Secondary: Zoom (duh)
Speed/Damage: Equal to Harbinger
Purpose: Troop transport. Upto 4 players.
Information: Players can exchange fire outside vehicle (like riding on top)
Driver enters from front of vehicle. Gunner from bed.
Players "catch a ride" by either jumping into bed or running in from behind.

Looks ****ing neat-o man, keep up t3h w0rk.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
nice looking pics twrecks, but i do haft to ask have you though of making an set of pics that other people can model for you, concept art, because the cxp is in need of fresh concept art.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
lmao... most ideas are not forgotten but tosed aside for me, because i wind up having to have more pressing things take it's place.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Well, after a month of no progress I got a day to sit in front of my rig and work on the Thawk...
I'll be posting a ThawkBeta.zip soon that has everything needed to test out this vehicle, of course comments are welcome.
I did find out one interesting fact, vehicle zero is where the artifact is carried. Origanally I had zero below the vehicle for gravity reasons, but with the KComOffset I can shift the CG, thanks Peter for including it.
There's still a heap I want to do with the vehicle, and my other vehicles given more time.
It seems the sound files are a bit loud, dunno how to adjust these ATM, so be prepared to have your eardrums blasted :p
I got the handling down about right, am working on a "burnout" move so you will beable to swing the bike right/left at a stop by smoking the back tire.... soon. I had a rotator set up, but it resorted back to straight as soon as the bike began to move (wierd), will work on imparting momentum to one of the bones as that will have a chance of success.
ANyways, as soon as I get a FTP browser installed I'll upload the file.
Back in an hour.

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Well, I'm not part of the UTXMP development team, so porting right now is not possible. Porting it to UT2004 is possible with some changes (no cab, all 1 mesh, code, etc.)

I have all the vehicles modelled except the tank, I keep changing my mind about it. It will have animated treads, unlike the scrolling textures you see on UT2kX tank treads.
As sson as I finish the Thawk will finalize the Stryker, then the Fly and last the Tank.

[GDC]Faust

Goblin Hunter
Apr 29, 2004
www.gamersdungeon.de
Wow, I just drove thru your test-map... and ... wow, that would have been the ONE vehicle that ppl could rely on! It just drives so smoothly :D

Too sad this present wasn't brought to us earlier :(

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Thanks... I know "too little, too late". RealLife(tm) gets in the way :p

Now if someone could tip me off how to make it work with a VehicleFactory (putting 'Thawk' as a choice doesn't work).

Status
Not open for further replies.