New band name poll (for next project)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Which name?

• Soul Rush

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Soul Press

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Machine Gun Press

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Steel Machine

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Ok, Rusted Metal Tears, my fundraising project, is going to be closed up once I'm out of college. I'm just going to make free release songs until then and preparing for the new project.

The new project will debut with a single release, details of which will be released later (unless you wanna hit my other hangout where I posted details already :) ).

Anyways, I'm having problems deciding on a band name. This one is what I want to stick with me. I'm moving into a more professional setting, hopefully signing under a label within a few years or so.

Oh: I'm not keeping Rusted Metal Tears. If you have a better idea for a band name, post it and put "Other" in the poll please :)

Eacthr

TheCursor
Sep 1, 2000
Other.

RMT was good, but the other choices you're giving are just.. I don't think they suit your sound.

I've always liked "Will" - Less complicated, more to the point, and multiple meanings. Can't really go wrong. Remember, it's your decision to change your bands name, not ours.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
Originally posted by DankBudz
hmm...industrial....how about Rusted Metal Gears. :)
That's actually a good suggestion *whodda thunk it*, but if you dont like that stick with RMT. The other names you listed are cliche'd and lame. Rusted metal tears sounds badass.

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
Yeah I thought the names Thrash listed were a bit cheesy too....

Rusted Metal Gears sounds like a bad-ass name for an Industrial band.

Oh and I liked Rusted Metal Tears too.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Originally posted by DankBudz
Yeah I thought the names Thrash listed were a bit cheesy too....

Rusted Metal Gears sounds like a bad-ass name for an Industrial band.

Oh and I liked Rusted Metal Tears too.

Yeah, they are cheesy, I would agree.

The primary reason for the name change is the sound issue.

You will notice almost 100% of the RMT songs are extremely bass-heavy.

I'm re-arranging my style and focusing more on mids/treble, while bringing out my more old old school industrial influences.

So, any ideas besides Rusted Metal Gears? If there is nothing else then I will go with it, it isn't totally bad.

BobTheFearlessFish

Jun 2, 2000
Nottingham, England
hmm. well this is a dumb suggestion. but some friends of mine were looking for a name for their band. and someone came up with 'rimjob'. they didnt like it. but i found it funny. would be great to have your name censored on tv and radio and stuff

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Originally posted by Map-O-Matic
wut does yer band sound like?...as in how heavy are u (compare to a well known band) thanx..than ill think of a name;)

Heaviness doesn't matter to me. I just make music. If I want a heavy sound, I make it. If I want light and airy, I make that too.

And you want me to compare my computer, BN5 Black Noise distortion, and Ibanez GRX20Z guitar to a "heavy band" with mesa boogie triple recto amp setups and lines of PRS guitars?

Sorry, but you need to redefine the question :)

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Ok, I wanna get cracking on something.

1 or 2 words. Name should start with an "S" (I'm serious).

Mixes of words are cool. You get the drift.

Help me my minions!

/me cracks open a dictionary.

*edit* ok, maybe not S, but S is cool. I like S. C might work as well.

Last edited: