New Alpha map XMP-RampRoids

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
We will see. Yet another job to get the fog right in both the map and the skybox and still being able to see detail in the skydome. A nice big roiling "Fogosphere" particle emitter in the middle of the map would be cool....a frame raper for sure, but cool.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Hey zombiewoof, after we played this map last Wednesday, I think it's not bad :)

I found that slope jumping is very hit-or-miss. But maybe if you get familiar with the place it's not a problem.

Hayabusa was like flying all over the place with that concusion grenade. Surely fun once you know all your spots ;)

Maskedbandit was pretty much sniping the entire map from the top of the "wall" at base.

So it's pretty good :)

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Yea some of the slopes are a bit much. I'll work on fine tuning the terrain. Maybe a fog volume on the top third of the map would reduce sniping. Then again is that whole blending of zone and skboxzone fog etc...
Working on some other maps as well. Any other suggestions are quite welcome.
I have this one with suspended rings w/terrain and a lot of jump Pads and cable movers. Working on meshes for that one now.

Last edited:

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
omf spam! :D

anyway I was thinking the map was actually good for now. I don't see a need to release a new version until you have made enough changes that would significantly change (hopefully in a good way) the gameplay, OR that you feel you won't be working on the map anymore and there are some changes that should be included in the "final" release.

My 2 cents :)

BTW I was really thinking of making Garden Sideline2, rearranging the dp's and gens. So far I am just too lazy to do that. My point is I avoid releasing new version until really necessary.

Good thing you have more maps to come. I am still feeling we need small maps. RampRoids is a good size.

Also I think XMP could use a really good interior map. So far all attempts of that turned out unpopular, mainly because people like more room to dodge and stuff. As much as I hate to admit, RGB and Derby have good room for fighting despite being interior. Another example is Garden garage area: good interior space for XMP, and the reason I made Baseline... So it'd be nice to have an original interior map that's big enough for XMP and interesting enough to have real matches in.