NeoNautica's Random Art

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNautica

Level Designer
Feb 27, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.NeoNautica.com
Whenever I make something interesting I'll throw it in this thread :)

Submission 1:

Got the stuff inside the store and tweaked some of the exterior colors. The signs and strips on the building pulse, hence the different colors in each shot. Lighting could still use some tweaking, but I'll save that for another time.

Note: The interior is pure deco (player can not get inside, but they can run around and on top of the building).

Render_82_B.jpg

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Giiiiiiii!!
How you'd get on the other floors? Via elevator?

Last edited:

NeoNautica

Level Designer
Feb 27, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.NeoNautica.com
Kantham - The player can't get inside, but there are elevator doors as deco :)

Steven - All the signs are 1 object with is 2550 tris for 3 full name signs and 1 "GO". A rough calculation puts it at 51.5k triangles for the whole building no including BSP faces. Most of that only draws from 2 sides since I force the draw cull.

There is a reason the building point out towards the edges of the map :)

I can trim some polys if needed and an extreme would be to put advertsements that completely cover the windows of a floor or 2 so I could gut the interior. But it looks good in portfolio as it is right now :)

keaukrine

Sep 26, 2004
Ukraine
keaukraine.narod.ru
You can make separate windows with texture, no need to make it with polys. The applies to supports. You won't see much of a difference (especially on windows), but polycount will be much lower.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
There is a fair amount of awesome there.

Guys, I'm going to be off the forums for a while (maybe even a month) as my house at uni does not yet have interwebs. As soon as all is set up I'll send you all a message.

NeoNautica

Level Designer
Feb 27, 2004
Raleigh, NC
www.NeoNautica.com
Been importing the main parts of the comedy club and aligning them to the BSP brushes in the editor:

Render_84_B.jpg

I had some creative sparks flying and currently in the process of deciding which plan to go with for finishing the building.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Looks great, but then what exactly you plan on doing with this other than showcase stuff?