Need Textures!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cpt.Crunch

Aug 6, 2004
Hi
I've got several questions.
1.st, where do I found textures for things you see in daily life? Life Toasters, PC, carpets and wallpapers. Stuff like this. Because I finished a really good looking mansion, and I just wanted to add some detail, so I started to make Stuff in Maya, but now I need proper textures.
2nd, I also need some rawmaterialstuff, like chrome-surfaces, wood,
3rd how do I manage to make my own textures. I took a picture of grass, and imported it to Unreal, but you can exactly tell, where it ends and the next one begins, so how do I make it appear as one smooth surface (I imported it as 512x512x256 bmp) (The original pic was made with a 3.6MP-DigiCam) The same with my parquet-floor. It isn't really lit the same, so there are shadows at the edges...
4th Also, how do I make SkyBoxes? I mean how do I make really good looking Textures for SkyBoxes...
My 5th and last question is: I made a map, and in the current state it is lit by an Sunlight-actor which I put in the Skybox. I have a lot of hollow-addition-brushes inside the map, which you can walk into, and some of them are lit inside by the sunlight, right under the "roof". How do I change this.

Thank you all....

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
1) Best to either photosource them yourself with your camera or you can look on google image search for pictures. Then edit them in photoshop to make them the correct size etc.
2) Probably some in default UT packages somewhere, though I know there are very few decent wood textures. Have a look in AlbatrossArchitecture.utx for an ok wood textures (planks). If you want plain wood grain texture with no planks then google image search is probably your best bet again.
3) You need to make sure the left side of the pic matches per-pixel with the right side and the same for the top and bottom. Photoshop is your friend here :) Clone tool + Filter -> Other -> Image offset is what you need
4) Try either Bryce (have to pay for) or Terragen (free but for non-commercial use plus won't render as large as 1024x1024 with the trial version)
5) Nice bug by epic. You can fix it prolly by putting a hollow space inside the walls of the room, I think this makes the bug appear in the hollow space which you can't see instead of inside the room itself.