need texture advce

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OO7MIKE

Mr. Sexy
May 2, 2000
Nalicity, NC
Its hard to tell whats wrong with the rocks having them so far away.

It almost looks like some of the textures have been stretched in certain places. In that case it would be a texture alignment problem...otherwise ITS TOO FAR AWAY TO TELL!

Yes the problem I am having is that I ahve scaled up the rocks most of them to a drawscale of four and the strectching is really obvious. Not to mention that I'm just having a hard time in general with finding the right texture in the first place. Chugging through the packs each sit down....
But I just had an idea to try once I find a texture I like. I will export it, resize it to half, then import to myLevel reskin the meshes and hopefully it will look a little better. I was also thinking of trying to export the meshes and vertex blending just to see if I could take away some of that crazy deformation. But I am still just a 3d toddler so it will be a good project to try and learn somehting new.
Also if all else fails, I can hide the ugly spots with other rocks lol
wheels a turnin.....

[EDIT]Just checked out your Liandri site... lol Great idea man. Can I link to it over at UP?[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
if the alignment is really #(*$*%$%$}{\\u]i[i\
then its because of the mesh and then there is little you can do
exporting meshes back to max, MIGHT work, but the exporting process is buggy and kind of sux

if you just want smaller scaled rocks, then instead of exporting it and doing it by hand, which would suck, you could use a texscaler material
click New in texture browser, and choose TexScaler
and the rest will be logical i think

Well Hourences that did the trick! By using a few different scalers, I was able to solve all but a few problem areas. Those spots that are just too far out of scale with the rest of the mesh (which is only a few)will just have the problem areas hidden. Thak you very much! I always get a buzz when I learn something new in the ed :Lightbulb: Now I just gotta find the right texture and fog combo...

007Mike, cool will do. Anyone who plays UT will appreciate the humor in it. I even scrolled through the Matrix parody and some of those frames had me laughing my ass off. And that pic of Willhaven is funny as hell... lol Good luck with your studies eh? : peace :

Last edited: