Need skin for shotgun model

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gungriffon Geona

fartdongs
Sep 25, 2005
I'm working on a Shotgun model for someone who wanted one for their Shotgun mutator. I have the model and 2 skin files (I seperated it into two files in order to make it less confusing (And I think it's required to seperate a skin for adding shaders if I'm not mistaken. only one half of the model needs to have a metallic shine to it.))

-old file deleted-

here's the reference picture I drew up before starting on the model, it'll help a little with making a skin. (the design changed quite a bit while making the model.
1shotgunconcept1rz.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The UV maps were arranged in a way that it shouldn't be confusing.

Thanks In Advance.
Geona "GG" Demyun

PS. It does need some animation in the seperate parts, can anyone help me make a shell reload animation?

Last edited:

Gungriffon Geona

fartdongs
Sep 25, 2005
Okay, the is my last attempt to get some help. I waited what, 2 weeks for some help on this? Well I'm going to try one last time.

This is the final version of the model. it has a UV map, but no bones and no skin. all this thing needs is an actual skin and 2 bones for the animation sequence of firing recoil (the thing on top going backward some) and shell ejection. that's all it needs to be finished.

this zip has all the files that I have. the UV maps and the OBJ.
http://rapidshare.de/files/7447856/Shotgun.zip.html

And to prove that there is an actual Shotgun mutator:
http://rapidshare.de/files/7448071/981906-Shotgun1.0.zip.html
Jimbob did all the coding for it. it replaces the Flak Cannon.

thank you for your time. please help me out, it would mean so much to Jimbob.

Slaughter

exsomnis
Feb 16, 2004
Germany
slaughter.jimdo.com
I don´t think you can get much help here.
There just aren´t enough modellers on these boards...i´d help you but i have no idea how to get it ingame nor am i a weaponskinner.

Maybe Vailias or Radiosity could help you.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
I would help if I knew how to. I can always give it a go at skinning this thing but what is .obj for a file?
I have 3dsmax lying somewhere any reason to re-install this?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think this weapon is a little PerfectDark ish (lap top gun) So blue in that kind would be great... maybe red too.

daloonie

sex boobs nude
Feb 7, 2004
Denmark
www.daloonie.com
Maybe I'm just stupid on these things, but I can't load that thing into anything.
I've tried 3dsmax 6 and Alias's MayaPLE 5.0(included on UT2003/4 CD's).

What am I doing wrong? It keeps saying unrecognized filetype.

EDIT:: Looked through some help files and it didn't help it just said it supported OBJ files. No idea why I can't use it then.

Last edited:

Gungriffon Geona

fartdongs
Sep 25, 2005
the_rex said:
Maybe I'm just stupid on these things, but I can't load that thing into anything.
I've tried 3dsmax 6 and Alias's MayaPLE 5.0(included on UT2003/4 CD's).

What am I doing wrong? It keeps saying unrecognized filetype.

EDIT:: Looked through some help files and it didn't help it just said it supported OBJ files. No idea why I can't use it then.

That is weird. I don't see what could be wrong to cause that. should I go with a 3DS file instead?