Need Mover help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The-Gunslinger

Mar 25, 2004
Hi guys! Yeah, newbie speaking :p I'm making some maps in UnrealEd 2.0 (I started about two weeks ago, so I've still got very much to learn), and now I'm having trouble with the movers I had made. I have two movers, one a small elevator, the other a moving platform from one point to another. But when I tested them, I fall right through. I tried a few things (like "solidity" and stuff) but it doesn't work yet. I could use a hand here. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the problem in the FAQ thread ont his forum. I hope you don't mind if I ask you questions more often, because I seem to get a lot of trouble every time :D Seems to be my nature or something. Anyways, I've made 2 complete maps now, working on a third.

The first map was just plain simple, big arena with a hole in the middle (it's just a hole too deep not to drop dead, because I don't know how to make a death sheet in the middle like you get on Morpheus and Phobos) and three superior snipe platforms on which you can hardly ever be hit, unless it's by other snipers. It turned out about three times as big as I had first though it to be, but that's okay.

My second map is plain simple in outlay as well, but it's a hard map to play. A high room, with a winding stair along the wall, and an elevator in the middle. The higher you go, the better the weapons on the stairs. It's very chaotic but a lot of fun to play.

The third map, which I am still working on, was actually at first the first map of a friend of mine. He had made an arena as one HUGE chamber with a bunch of rocket launchers in it and a redeemer in the middle. I've placed walls in the arena (in a quite random way, I might add) and set up fires in holes in the walls for some extra lighting. Now I'm trying to make a whole maze of bridges and ledges and movers between the walls. Because it's so big, I can add multiple redeemers in the map. When it's done, it's probably gonna be my best one yet (not that that's a huge achievement :rolleyes:)

Anyways, I hope I can have a lot of fun editing and I hope I'll fit in here!

Last edited: