1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

need help with skinning in ut2k4

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by J-pea, Mar 24, 2004.

1. BabyEater

BabyEater Master of Poppycockery

seriously!

*scrambles off to play with face colors*

2. J-pea

J-pea New Member

Thanks everyone :D

3. siriusmindfrag

siriusmindfrag müT3

So I open unreal3d get out the character/model whatever I want to skin and import it to photoshop or 3ds max or maya?
    I am trying to figure out how to make skins or take kickass screenshots.

IDK if the tutorials on the dvd show this. I was unable to find them in my area. Had bestFphk told us they were not going to be available for online or instore purchase I would have preordered someplace.

I have no idea how to do it do you?
    HELP =model skinning/screenshots like in the fanpak

4. BabyEater

BabyEater Master of Poppycockery

it's all greek to me when you start talking about modeling tools like 3dsmax or maya. but to start on a skin, you can take the skin textures (somewhere in the CD6 directory on your DVDs) that are already in PNG format and edit them in Photoshop.

But also in that CD6 directory somewhere is Upaint, which you can install, then open up the coresponding skin/model, and import your textures.

Is that what you're asking?

5. siriusmindfrag

siriusmindfrag müT3

YES THAT is a start TY! :D I really wish to make something like the fanpak. Those screenshots that were used for the actual packaging maybe are awesome like they could make the model do any type of pose. Also I would love to do the skinning part :D! SO EXCITED I know I am hard to comprehend when I am this excited lol. Did you ever see freakboyz skins for Damneron and the necriss. Those were so hot despite the pale color of the skin.
    :D

Anyways after watching bots in UT2k4 trying to take the perfect screenshot I got fed up and wanted to see the whole character and edit it. Also I played as Lauren and since UT99 I want the blonde character back since she looks more like me...so going to put blonde hair on Lauren if I can.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  6. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

As u can now talk to bots, I got my last one to pose then I got out me digital cam :lol:

Attached Files:

7. Amethys

Amethys New Member

Hello all :)

I'd like to know if someone know where I could find a 3dsmax model for ut2004. The reason is that I would like to try to create a 3d model for ut2004(4000-6000 polygon) and put it in ut2004

Thx

8. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

Modellers are hard to come by as the 3dsmax and Maya are both, very expensive and, when that's not an issue, really quite complicated to use!
    Usually the best way to get a modeller to do something is to hunt them down and befriend them and if you want to make a full blown mod then you've got a lot of work on your hands!