Need better selections,from the reviewers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Some real doggy stuff being reviewed these days,also a year late,uninteresting things ,wich is taking away from the limelight of stuff that gets that top column having more time it gets to stay in the other 2 columns.

I do say,some old maps should be thrown in and some oddeties,but the picks are like first maps,and just stuff the people can give reviews on.NOT the reviewers.
Just a thought.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7167 Hmm

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8136 A first map

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7490 gimmie a break allready.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=5075 95% of the people don't know how to add a voicepack.

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=1520 WTF

But none on this

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7819 or this

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8218

I think better maps should only get reviewed,the other mappers should be better mappers before they take those spots on the TOP OF THE WEB PAGE ,and stick with the users rating them until they get better at mapping.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
ReD_Fist said:
Some real doggy stuff being reviewed,also a year late,uninteresting things ,wich is taking away from the limelight of stuff that gets that top column having more time it gets to stay in the other 2 columns.

I do say,some old maps should be thrown in and some oddeties,but the picks are like first maps,and just stuff the people can give reviews on.NOT the reviewers.
Just a thought.

Doggy stuff?...

Dodgy stuff?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
What do you have against
DM-Wolf3D_L1

This map is original from Wolf enstein , it bring back ppl somme memories.
If the guy start another one , just blame it.

Last edited:

Icedancer

Colder than Steel
Kantham said:
95% of the ppl think redfist is gay.

:lol:
own3d.gif

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
Ouch.

We have a review queue, and it is based on what users want to see reviewed. Someone more than likely wanted a review of what you call "doggy" stuff. It it is a matter of personal opinion for someone to define "doggy" stuff, so what you think is "doggy" may or may not be "doggy" to another person or the reviewer.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Wish they would get rid of )HIDRA( ;KANTHAM, Trying to get opinions here ,not (kids) calling me names.

And mass... thought were wern't around anymore,and ya I know but ,other websites automaticaly take the picks from that list,like insite and mapraider,aint looking to good if these reviews end up there.That column ends up in alot of places,I would think the users should be doing the doggy stuff,and better maps for the other web sites to post as somthing worthy of downloading.Plus look at the users comments and scores,doesnt seem like people were adding them to review cues to me,mabye some.

Also no matter what I say here it is rare that anyone agree,seems like just pissin in the wind,hell if i said the reviews were good,oh punkoilia kantham would call me a fag then too.
Man he's destroying this site,

but here look what he says !! talk about A__ H___

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=5075

Kantham
02-17-2005 11:41 AM EST
:( 4 yr later , a review ..........

seriously , you should go review something like this
http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=8042

something that ppl like to dl , not this kind of VP that as ben uploaded since 4 yrs now

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7363
that is a review , and we need more like this one

.......................................................................................

So WTF................who cares

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Here André Théoret )HIDRA(;HIDRAULTRA;KANTHAM;ZETTAMILENIUM and whatever else you call yourself.

this is the web page you should be posting your maps.
Along with your so called art you think is so good.
Or you can send a greeting card to your boyfriends.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=153028

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kantham

stop reviewing 4 years old crapy maps , rate good stuff like all reviwers
..................................................................................................
welcome , i am glad for another reviwer up here , but plz ,

Ice-Dancer

stop reviewing 4 years old crapy maps , rate good stuff like all reviwers

thx and enjoy your stay

Last edited:

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
To Redfist:The hostility is largly due to the fact that most of your ratings lead readers to the conclusion that you don't really know what the hell you're talking about.

What is going on with the reviews anyway? Icedancer, if you're going to ressurect the dead maps, make sure it's for a damn good reason. Arcadia reviewing CTF-Rrajigar was cool. You reviewing ctf4-4centers or whatever it was was not something I cared for at all.
Personally, I'd like to see some reviews of the maps that came in Friday. Mapmaster Earl and Kuckekind have certainly caught the attention of NC regulars including myself.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
I'm one of the 5% who are otherwise occupied....

Reciprocity said:
To Redfist:The hostility is largly due to the fact that most of your ratings lead readers to the conclusion that you don't really know what the hell you're talking about.

What is going on with the reviews anyway? Icedancer, if you're going to ressurect the dead maps, make sure it's for a damn good reason. Arcadia reviewing CTF-Rrajigar was cool. You reviewing ctf4-4centers or whatever it was was not something I cared for at all.
Personally, I'd like to see some reviews of the maps that came in Friday. Mapmaster Earl and Kuckekind have certainly caught the attention of NC regulars including myself.
I can never see myself having much respect for your attitude Redfist but, that being said, your are entitled to an opinion. I will never be agreeing with you on matters of politics or religion either. Everything you post has an overly aggresive spin to it and people get a bit fed up with the intimidating nature of it all...

Kantham, you've just shown yourself up to be a hypocrite once again. I don't know where you sourced your statistics but nobody asked me and I've been around here a bit. Whatever you consider this community to be I don't expect to see anybody posting a poll on your comment any time soon and here's why:

Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of BeyondUnreal Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of BeyondUnreal Forums, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of BeyondUnreal Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

That is not to say that someone wouldn't take the dumb road; you did....

Icedancer I thought reviewers were supposed to have thicker skins that considering the behaviour of people on this site vis-a-vis comments and forums. None of this is new yet it just appears to be an update of the ongoing flamewar around here.

95%? Nobody asked me. I must be one of the 5% who don't care enough to be bothered.

How about that review cue then? I have to agree with Reciprocity on that one.

Last edited:

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Reciprocity said:

The only flame wars are against me,right from the start,all because i posted a 2 on a cbp map,,oh HIDRA posted zeros on my quake maps,and all the kids followed along,
I just dunno,ready to do what the rest of the people do,so far that kid has ruined it for several people who run servers,make maps,and long time fanns of UT and nalicity.
And I would say truest of my being,there would not be any flame anything if that kid was not here.
You guys simply keep blaming the wrong person over and over and over,totaly wierd.

second half of your statement...Aamen.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
"""I can never see myself having much respect for your attitude Redfist but, that being said, your are entitled to an opinion. I will never be agreeing with you on matters of politics or religion either. Everything you post has an overly aggresive spin to it and people get a bit fed up with the intimidating nature of it all..."""

Yep it's allways me,never anyone else,my maps got slapped with zeros,get called names,but yet I am intimidating.
All I posted was about; do we need better things in the review list,
thats all i did !!!!!!! .and shown examples.However that is intimidating or I don't know what i am talking about,plaese tell me.
This site isn't rolling people over anymore because of ,,well I let you guys figure it out,HINT ,it's not me.

ReD_Fist said:
You guys simply keep blaming the wrong person over and over and over,totaly wierd.

If it even matters, I'm in total agreement with you here. Sure you've said some crazy stuff (so have I for that matter), but you don't flame anyone unless they attack you first. But nobody listens to me either ;) It shouldn't matter that your taste in maps is usually batshiit insane, you aren't causing anyone any problems, not the way they do it to you. And I'm shocked the site admins haven't done anything about it yet.

Kantham. Lay off. Seriously. Or I will make it my job to get you banned.

And as for reviews, look people request the maps to the reviewers and that's that. You can't expect every reviewer to be like me and totally ignore the list all together ;)

Icedancer

Colder than Steel
Icedancer I thought reviewers were supposed to have thicker skins that considering the behaviour of people on this site vis-a-vis comments and forums. None of this is new yet it just appears to be an update of the ongoing flamewar around here.

i have no idea where you seem to get the idea that i am not thick skinned? If you are hinting at my reply earlier on in this thread, then you should re-read it, and more importantly, read between the lines, its a joke, sarcasm, im not bothered, im taking it with a joke, thats how i am, and if people got to knew me, they would realise that...

Status
Not open for further replies.