UE3 - UT3 Need a little help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mariol

Dec 3, 2008
Cambridge
I've started learning UnrealEd and I've created a large map by subtracting all of the brushes. I've finally got it the way I want it and now I want to add a skybox/terrain around it, but when I subtract a box around it the map within disappears. Was I supposed to create the terrain first? How can I add a skybox to my level now?

Princess_Die

Always Out Numbered... Never Out Gunned
Feb 22, 2006
The preferred method is use an additive level and put one of the skydomes in the UN_Sky package in your map.

You can probably convert your map by creating a new additive level, add a large cube a little larger than the play area of your map and paste your subtractive brushes inside the cube. You can resize the additive brush so the skydome becomes visible through the top.

Apophis3d

Lord Apophis
Jan 22, 2008
Portland, Oregon
www.apophis3d.net
The subtractive way is no good for UT3. It's not really subtractive, it is still additive but at creation of the level it just adds in a gigantic cube. So you will run into issues with lighting build times and other things like that.

Feel Free to check out my site Apophis3d.net I have started creating video tutorials starting from beginner and I am starting to get into more of the intermediate to advanced stuff.

I also highly recommend checking out Hourences. He has some amazing tutorials. If your serious about getting into level design, his stuff will get you on track.

Mariol

Dec 3, 2008
Cambridge
Thanks I think I've got it. I had to put an additive box around my map to see the outer walls. Then if I added a skybox or terrain I had to subtract a bigger brush around that. Is that right? Oh well it works for me.

Angel_mapper thanks for the tip about the order.