1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Need a good map for LG and Shock practice.

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by randyannie, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

On that point of view, yes. but it's very lame in another point of view. Making pairs of powerful weapons won't fix anything. I personaly know that every players have their own skills and weapon preferences. But ANY decent players that can easily get rampages on "Fractionary 4v4 TDM" will at least use hitscans 78% of the game.

The main reason i hate TAM is this, it have to pickups (so it have no strategy) you start with all the weapons about half loaded. The shock combo ammo reduction is reduced to 3 instead of 5 (i guess) Bright player skins and hitsounds are driving me nuts (i know i can turn them off).

It looks like a mix of CS:S, now please bring in the little BUY menu with the hostages to rescue.

2. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Aiming with a ping is harder then aimging without ping, that is why newnet was created.

Hence, playing a game with no newnet, if newnet actually works like it's supposed too, should be good practice for either. It's like swinging a bat with a donut on it.

I've been trying lately to warm up with a high ping, like on the khz LA server, or the TG server in the UK, which ping 80 and 100 smooth for me respectively, so it feels closer to "lan" when I play my usual 40-50 anywhere else but Atlanta. Usually after warming up at those pings, is when I shoot my 40-45% games (lightning being the only thing I pay attention to in that respect).

3. dc

dc

DM-DE-Ironic
    DM-1on1-Roughinery-FE
    DM-Rankin
    DM-Goliath
    DM-Antalus
    DM-Corrugation
    DM-DE-Grendelkeep
    DM-Goose
    DM-Campgrounds

4. BioBlizzard

BioBlizzard YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE !

Deck is a really good map:lol: liked it since ut1

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  5. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Okay, now we've got a love/hate Deck discussion and a love/hate TAM/Newnet discussion going.

Do you guys even remember the topic of the thread?

Randy is asking for help in practicing his aim. He's NOT asking who has the biggest e-penis.

6. The Warden

The Warden this is usually where youll find me

one reason I went and looked up the map I did, if you play bots (Yeah alot of you frown on this) and play Campgrounds while you use the shock and LtG, get anywhere NEAR the bot and your gonna have so much flak up your butt it's gonna make you mad!

Hell Even real people can be asses, you set up a Gentlemans rule to use only LtG and Shock and you get gooped by the opponet, they'll say oops, but you know something, That's BS.

I would hope some would have made a Mut where you could select only a few weapons in a map you need work with.

7. gades

gades The Grudge Master!

Use 1vs1 bots, made by fftunes. This makes the bots favour lg and shock more (huge difference). And you can completely customize the bots aiming with the Aim Error setting (with 10 meaning you can actually practice flak against godlikes).
    :cool:

8. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Bots are the worst possible suggestion for practice. They don't act or react like people do, so training with them is completely worthless.

TBH any map is a good map for hitscan training. As there are situations were you can be in right next to your opponent and you need to get those shots in or others where you're quite a distance away.

9. nuttella

nuttella Scare

they're not as worthless as the target practice mutator, which is random objects moving in straight lines. Bots are player models moving in straight lines, which is a little closer to what we want.

I think it's easier to hit someone running in a straight line than it is to hit them standing still.

10. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The target practice mutator is lots of fun if you want to shoot translocator beacons! Pretty fun to do combos too. Nothing beats shooting actual players though. :)

11. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

T2A had a valid point about it being different in different places, I just expressed an opinion of how that difference effects the topic. No love hate about TAM or newnet there at all.

I have no e-penis, that's why I'm the widowmaker.

The deck thing is typical thread derailment. yay boredum.

12. dc

dc

Oh, if you're playing CTF at all, hill D on Maul is a great way to use a lot of hitscan.

13. hal

Yes, what better incentive to hit your target than 8,000 flak shards flying your direction?

14. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

I guess we have a winner.

15. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

DM DE GRENDELKEEP

16. dc

dc

More like 8000 shock primarys.

17. hal

I was just talking about my flak cannon. :flak:

Not that I'd hit you with any of them or anything.

18. howlatnight

howlatnight Member

host a game with the rpg mutator on and increase your ROF by like 500% then shoot 5 cores in a circle into a large open space and try to hit them all in 1 shot.

19. Turret 49

Turret 49 Doomer at heart

I thought this thread was more about dodging LG and shock, not improving aim?

20. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

If you can find an opponent to play DM-Gael-SL with online, I bet it'd be perfect. I'd play you myself (I like the look of this map tbh, I could use the training myself) but one of us would ping bad, and for hitscan training you really want low pings.