1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NC has hit rock bottom

Discussion in 'Nali City' started by Kaithofis, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

Now what can we possibly do?

All of the comments contain flamage based on nothing at all, by a select group. You know who I mean. The Redfist, Checkmate, Cobra6 etc etc group. And you can fill post after post with hilarious yet pathetic comments/arguments, but that's another thread.

Seriously, I dun like them constanly giving each other 0's cause they don't like each other. I wouldn't mind all of this if they were just a little group of nobody's folling around with themselves, but this is taking over the whole of NC. The comments lists mainly/only contains these:
    "Yeah, map sucks, cause... it ain't got no good water, and cause I hate you cause you said my map sucks"

It's been fun for a while, but now it's getting quite annoying. Could someone please resolve this issue?
    By, say.... banning all of them? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2004
  2. quillion

quillion Q-Basics

couldn't agree more!

3. Frieza

Frieza New Member

Hey, dont ban ChromeBallz, hes a nice guy! ;)

4. BangOut

BangOut ...smells like groin.

Penises all over you.

5. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

no, chromey boy is one of "us". He even hangs out on irc :p
    The n00bs have to be bashed, otherwise the community gets nothing but AndAction for the next 20 years :eek: Yeah, comments suck atm, I would be happy to post flames in the forums but the n00bs refuse to register here it seems, either that or they are scared by my horrendously leet post count

6. ChromeBallz

ChromeBallz Ballz of Chrome

I don't flame, period. redfist gives unfounded criticism, i just refute his arguments.

checkmate is also a good guy, he just gets carried away.

The scores i give are, in my opinion, just. I don't give 0's because i don't like the mapper. As a matter of fact, i don't think i even HAVE given a 0 to anyone. I like the comments that redfist and ghostwheel are giving (you forgot to mention the latter in your post, Ronin) just as much as you do.

7. MassChAoS

MassChAoS echo "NaliCity";

Resolving the issue usually doesn't resolve the issue, but whenever I get around to coding again I'll do a neat little idea I had.

8. GoldenMouse

GoldenMouse Mad Hatter

Who the **** are you guys and why the **** aren't you posting in Other Stuff? :con:

:p

9. quillion

quillion Q-Basics

Chrome, i missed his name in first post. he's not a flamer, not on NC anyways:p

10. Ntwarr

Ntwarr Slayer Blade

well i don't know about whole issue

11. BangOut

BangOut ...smells like groin.

so many penises of gold and love!

12. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

?

I must agree that things have been less than appealing of late.... and this guy thought so in the "noob of the day" thread....
    And my reaction......
    That's my two cents....
    Despite freedom of speech there are possibly some limits on what is appropriate behaviour so if this keeps up I'll keep retaliating to these pathetics (or just not bother downloading and commenting on their rubbish) and then it's bannage. Unfortunately I must question how much any user of this site should take from others when they try and make constructive comments and all they get back is sh*t and bad attitudes......

13. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

sorry there Chrome, I just used your name to indicate the group I've been talking about. I do not neccesarily (how horribly wrong that must have been spelled) see you as a factor of annoyance. But like it or not, you got involved in this crapfest, sort of, heck, you know what I mean. )Hidra( might have been a better name.
    As far as I know, if we'd act like asses back at them, more and more ppl would get involved and NC would turn into a warzone. Isn't there something that could be done to make them ease on the insults? Editing their posts, threatening with bans etc.
    Sure it will clear up eventually (Redfist, the 1 who started this mess imo, has been deleting a series of his comments)

But if this continues for too long.. put the pressure on 'em, big time! :D

And I have not flamed Redfist, or anybody else back there in any (serious) way. You bizatch! ;)

14. Manticore

That's not necessarily the case for two reasons:
    1. Even if my reactions (and I must admit to having crossed the line more than once) or anyone else's reactions are discounted some of the people you have mentioned have already turned this site into a warzone. You can't post against anything of theirs without being torn to pieces.

2. In some cases being reasonable doesn't work with some of these people, no matter what angle of reasonableness you try, and neither does respect. The choice of possible alternatives becomes extremely narrow leading to brutal responses.

15. Zlal

Zlal New but not improved.

NC, rock bottom?
    what about Atari? :rolleyes:

16. Manticore

?

Sorry, I don't ever go there so I wouldn't know...

17. Zlal

Zlal New but not improved.

Don't. You will be mentally scarred for life.

18. Manticore

Too late.....

Too late.....

....I've been exposed to )Hidra( for a fortnight.

As for Atari I gave up on their site years ago................