nalicity search engine bar would rock

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Symbolikal

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Jul 30, 2004
In britain in a small town.
I just discovered mapraider had a firefox search bar engine so you can search their site from any other and it wil come up with every match.
I think nalicity should do one like that as well. It would rock and everyone will think u r really good coders and btw, 1 for the fileworks would rock as well. I do get RSS feeds as well.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I thought Luquado made something for Firefox for NC or something... :confused:

/me goes digging through BU news....

--edit--

/me returns covered in dirt.

Well, seems back on May 20,2004 news of Luquado making an NC search plug-in for Firefox. Here's the news thread link. As for the news post itself, I guess you'll have to do a BU news search for Nali City until you reach May 20.

Last edited:

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
if there is anything id more like to see it is a standalone map scanner program, a lot of people always ask me "how do i know which files i used are retail content and which are custom"
it would help if those people had a scan program on their pc that they could run on their map and find out whats the deal...just like our php scan thing
but thats prolly something only irid can do or not even as its not php anymore..

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
.......and........

Hourences said:
if there is anything id more like to see it is a standalone map scanner program, a lot of people always ask me "how do i know which files i used are retail content and which are custom"
it would help if those people had a scan program on their pc that they could run on their map and find out whats the deal...just like our php scan thing
but thats prolly something only irid can do or not even as its not php anymore..
That could be handy but if you've got something along those lines which interogates packages etc., it would be nice if it could display the screenshot(s) as well.

In fact, any map manager that could display screenshots would be good, particularly for uninstalling maps without having to go into the engine or the editor to check which was which.

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
I don't think anyone with the knowledge or experience for doing such a thing has enough time to put all the effort into the project that it would need. But only irid could really gauge how much time that would take.

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
There's a map manager thingy but that doesn't help if you don't want to use it when installing maps yourself, I think it keeps a database or something.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Map managers.......

Swedix has UT2K4 Mi and there's Frank Davidson's Map Manager for UT. Both a very good apps with a reasonable level of versatility for caching and mod installs etc.

I just thought a map manager which implemented unpacking and viewing of screenshots from compressed packages (including reading CD's) may be a good thing as well as allowing managing of installed maps by viewing screenshots outside the game.

A picture is sometimes worth more than a map title when it comes to remembering which map is which. Particulalry when there are multiple CD's and bloated maps folders in the games.

It would be reasonably complex and if I had the time I'd probably be diddling away at Ued instead.

Swedix's app was very well done. Maybe someone like him should read this thread...