Nali Weapons 3 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dr.flay

Dr.Flay™
Sep 19, 2011
Kernow, UK
yourunreal.wordpress.com
I assumed he'd have posted here, but he is a busy man.

☢ Unreal Tournament just grew some BIG balls ☢
NW3_newlogo_bigres.png

☢ TIME TO DIE IN STYLE ☢
[M]http://youtube.com/watch?v=t8LFpo0gDkU[/M]
☢ WARNING ☢
THIS GAME WILL ANNOY YOUR NEIGHBORS.

http://feralidragon.blogspot.com
http://www.moddb.com/mods/nali-weapons-3
http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4309
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nali-Weapons-3/162478237101096

I'm adding NW3 servers to my page as I get details.
http://my.opera.com/Unreal-Tournament/blog/nali-weapons-3
I have also started a gallery, for people to share their their screenshots.
There's a few pics up showing the nukes in action :D

*EDIT*
There is a thread in the "Content Release" section
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=193128

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Actually I am waiting for hal to post the news he agreed to post about............................. since last Saturday...

Thanks though :)

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Freeze gun

It looks better and I do like the new firing effect. Kinda bummed that when you shoot the surroundings it doesn't form ice crystals and it doesn't seem to freeze water anymore...

...but effective.
00e3ttys.png

Although, I don't recall the NW2 version freezing the guy who used it before.
00e3w4ce.png

I didn't shoot him. That happened when he shot the already frozen titan.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Too bad these weapons will never get ported over to UT2004. I would use the Freeze Gun for some hardcore gamesets.

Last edited:

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
UT2004 has a lack of useful guns generally. It took me forever to find a grappling hook, only because it was called a ninja rope. A freeze gun? That's some 3 lettered gun in ChaosUT2. Most weapon mods are recolors of the default weapons or overpowered self-promoting-dead-clan rapid fire sniper rifles.

I usually install a bunch of weapon packs, then edit their ucl files to reduce redundancy. (i don't need to load a billion sniper rifles, rocket launchers and assault rifles that do the same thing)

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
UT2004 has a lack of useful guns generally. It took me forever to find a grappling hook, only because it was called a ninja rope. A freeze gun? That's some 3 lettered gun in ChaosUT2.

I don't like working with ChaosUT2. It's too hard to get what weapons I want out of it in WoRM. They just decided to force all these special ammos into a gun and you can't single out any of them. Not to mention that they restricted all their melee weapons to Duel. Another mistake.

Pileyrei

Mar 4, 2008
Some UK servers with NW3.

Monster Hunt: unreal://85.236.100.43:7777
DM +CTF: unreal://85.236.100.165:7777

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Not to mention that they restricted all their melee weapons to Duel. Another mistake.
I loved their duel though, spent hours playing against bots (and even in LAN against my brother and more bots) and it was extremely fun.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
Hey Ferali, think you can help Arnox out and make a NW3.2 for ut2k4?
Sorry but, no.
Reason: People already made similar requests (specially for nukes) to implement or create totally new things for UT2k4, but right now I would rather spend my time working with UDK instead of doing things to a UT sequel since it's just not worth the time at all.
Also, unlike UT, in UT2k4 you need a valid serial to play, and I don't have mine anymore, so technically speaking I am not even able to play with my own creations there at least at online level, making my job next to impossible to perform anyway.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
This weapon pack looks fantastic! I will definitely give it a go.

How did you do the nuke debris effect? When I first saw it I thought you were somehow manipulating the BSP directly during runtime :eek:

Some UK servers with NW3.

Monster Hunt: unreal://85.236.100.43:7777
DM +CTF: unreal://85.236.100.165:7777

Holy crap it's Piley! Long time no see, man.

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
How did you do the nuke debris effect? When I first saw it I thought you were somehow manipulating the BSP directly during runtime :eek:
Basically I created the debris models myself (they're meshes), but in such a way that when lit up they would look like the level BSP.
From there, I use decals to get the info on the BSP surface texture, and apply it to the debris, which then together with animation and some movements, it gives the illusion that the level is being torn apart. :)

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Wanna see something weird?

Basically I created the debris models myself (they're meshes), but in such a way that when lit up they would look like the level BSP.
From there, I use decals to get the info on the BSP surface texture, and apply it to the debris, which then together with animation and some movements, it gives the illusion that the level is being torn apart. :)
The weirdest thing you can get from nuke debris is if you shoot the sky.

Given the massive splash/damage effect caused by the higher yield nukes, sometimes it's easier just to shoot straight up and duck for some shelter under a roof. The shockwaves will kill anything that's not covered...

...but it causes "sky" debris, which is oddly colored.

I blast a blue sky and down rains chunks of pink debris!

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com

I never would have thought to use a mesh that skins itself in the BSP texture on-the-fly. I didn't even know that was possible in this version of the engine. That's a very impressive effect. I'm honestly surprised Unreal Engine 1.5 can run some of the effects in this mod.

That could be because the 'sky' of the map uses a pink development texture in the editor. That, or the nuke is trying to render a fake backdrop (i.e. SkyZoneInfo) to a debris mesh, which probably isn't possible, causing artifacts. Something along those lines.

Last edited:

Feralidragon

UT n00b coder
Feb 25, 2008
I never would have thought to use a mesh that skins itself in the BSP texture on-the-fly. I didn't even know that was possible in this version of the engine. That's a very impressive effect. I'm honestly surprised Unreal Engine 1.5 can run some of the effects in this mod.
Thanks. But since I have to use decals for this, if someone has decals disabled these debris do not even appear to the player though.

The weirdest thing you can get from nuke debris is if you shoot the sky.

Given the massive splash/damage effect caused by the higher yield nukes, sometimes it's easier just to shoot straight up and duck for some shelter under a roof. The shockwaves will kill anything that's not covered...

...but it causes "sky" debris, which is oddly colored.

That could be because the 'sky' of the map uses a pink development texture in the editor. [...]
Yeah, that's pretty much it. I can get the texture, but I have no way to check if the surface is a fake backdrop or not, if I could check those flags in the BSP surfaces I wouldn't limit myself to debris in my surface effects ;)