N1 UT moments

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sekhmet

the Destroyer
Oct 16, 2001
Memphis, Egypt
www.carpeimperium.com
Post your best UT moments here. Online or single-player, doesn't matter. One of mine was when i was in Liandri. I got a minigun, but no ammo, so 80 bullets. Then some1 runs into the minigun room with a minigun, and we start to fight. We both dodge and jump and strafe a lot, never standing still. We hit each other, but not enough. I was running low on ammo. I grabbed an ammo box that just respawned. I continued dodging, jumping and shooting, hitting him but still not killing him. I ran out of ammo. So I only have my impact hammer, and i charge it. I retreated to the redeemer, but it wasn't there. So at the end of the rounding corridor, i came into the central room. He was following me, shooting. I hide behind the corner, noone else is shooting me. I hear him coming. Then, he was very close. I came out of the corner, and my impact hammer hits him in the chest. I celebrate in his gibs, with 20 health left. :D :cool:

So.. post them here :)

StarKilLer{MOK}

Nov 1, 2001
ATL
www.web-illusions.net
OMG

Here it goes.
IGL match, CTF-BridgeXL, Low grav instagib.
we are tied 7all. I run dodging and strafing, running in circles like a madman. I get into the enemy base and grab the flag, Oh wait 20 Seconds left b4 sudden death, I had to score. So i go out the tower teleport and wiggle as i do a dodge jump across the bridge, i got M-T-Bone behind me, I mean right behind me, if don't wiggle back and forth just right he is most likely gonna hit me since i am not looking behind me at the moment, i want to land and not fall. I land, he is still f*cking behind me, i dodge to the right into the bunker, then inside the bunker i dodge to the left to enter the flag room from the left, Damn T-bone is still behind me firind like a madman, one hit and i am dead, the dodging is making it hard to hit me + we are both lagging. Here is where it gets good, as i enter the flag room on the left, we have about 4 seconds left. I wiggle once then run about 4 feet straight toward the flag to the point when 2 more steps & i cap it, T-Bone now has a damn good shot on me, Right Behind me dead on aim, and his rifle is about to be recharged. I got 3 teamates in the room firing and missing at him, What do you do? Well here is what i did.

2 seconds left, i strafe to the left one step, T-Bone fires & misses because i moved at just the right moment, After the strafe step left, i strafe back right one step, one step left to the flag. M-T-bone is right in front of me because he Fired and missed and ran over the flag to keep me from capping it. But, i haven't fired yet! and it is 1 second left.

I fire straight over the flag base and hit him because he only had time to touch it. He Drops it on the Flag Base I return it because i am running to the flag base as i shoot him and I score @ 0 seconds left because I return the flag. UnF*cking believable. I got a demo of it is what is even better.

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
This one guy on Comveyor keeps trying to telefrag me, so I have the Biorifle, and as he is aiming his x-loc at me, i jump back and cover the floor where I was standing with green goo. He xlocs right on top of it and vaporizes in a cloud of green mist.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
Instagib CTF in Esprit de Corps. The enemy flag carrier captures our flag and I make an unsuccessful attempt to stop him. I die and respawn in the Colosseum. I recieve numerous messages from teammates saying that he went to the roof and is still up there. Anyway, I make it down to the courtyard in front of my team's base with no problems. I say that I'm watching the roof, so other teammates storm our temple. Meanwhile, the guy tries to take a leap off the temple. He has the flag, and it looks like he also has a pair of jumpboots. He tries to jump across to our archway on the colosseum, and it looks like he might make it. I make a wild shot to try to stop him, and...BOOM! Instant gibs! The flag gracefully falls on top of me as I return it. The guy is freaking out because he couldn't figure out what happened. He's shocked, the two teammates of mine that saw me do this are shocked, and I am most definitely shocked! In an attempt to break the ice, I say (not teamsay)"did I do that?" I can just imagine the sounds people are making behind their computers from that comment! Later, that FC complimented me on that shot, so that took the edge off it for me.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Wow, there are so many good moments. I guess that is why I keep coming back to UT. One of my recent ones was in LGI 135/35, CTF-Hydro score was finally tied 4-4, it was 2 (them) against 1 (me) minus useless bots. I was making a come back. I got the flag and was high tailing it back doging shots from one of them & on the bridge I jumped turned and fragged his butt. Just then I noticed that the other player captured our flag so I met him outside my base and we were jumping & shooting at each. I made a nice move off the big crate & fragged him, just then the other player showed up again and started firing. He saw my flag falling and went for it instead of continuing to fire at me. I capped him just as he picked it up & returned it. I scored and got some nice praises (Good Comeback, Nice Shooting etc.) Felt Good. :) :)

Sekhmet

the Destroyer
Oct 16, 2001
Memphis, Egypt
www.carpeimperium.com
yeah those moments rock :cool: One time, i was doing assault in frigate. We attacked, and they had a good defense. Our team wasn't very good. All our attempts to press that button failed. Then i entered the ship. There were 30 seconds remaining or so. I grabbed the Shield Belt. I got up the stairs, ten seconds remaining. I shot with the flak cannon, strafing to dodge their shots. 5.. i run into the control room. 4.. 3.. up the stairs, 3 guys shooting flak at me.. 2.. almost there.. 1.. objective complete :cool: :D :cool: Getting compliments from everyone for my action, it rocked :cool: Taunting "let's rock" of course..

Last edited by a moderator:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Leading an army of 300 bots on face.. that was really amazing..

"take their flag.. all" :D

Playing corpsemania with the sin2ut rocket launcher mutator enabled in dm-Helleth and dm-citylights.. also lots of fun...

Pillsbury Flow Boy

The Stairway to Revvin'
Jan 22, 2001
CC,NV,USA
www.knightgames.net
Playing DM, on Tempest, guy camping the shield belt, and nobody can frag him, I'm staying clear, playing my game at the jumpboots, armor, and shock rifle... our scores where tied with 30 left... I decide, well... I'll attempt to frag him for last kill, grab the armor, vials, and shock rifle on the back way into the sheildbelt room... about 15 left now, some guy spamming flak down bottom by the thigh pads... I get up to the area with the flak, and mini ammo getting ready to make the jump to the RL when I see shock secondary coming... I could've dodged down and away, but I had the notion to hammer up in my head for backup, switched to the hammer, charged a bit... jumped up to the top when the combo went off... like 15 or 20 health left, I switch to the shock rifle... dodge left towards the shieldbelt... secondary shock going the other way from the guy, I fire off my secondary low... hitting the primary as the "Score tied at end of regulation" comes up, I watch gibs fly... all over... I had one with 1 less death, and one more kill :)

I have many more, like a last ditch Face run with 5 health... and a scary hammer jump from full health, and belt from the enemy base on Lava Giant to end up with two health left, and a winning cap :D

another funny thing happened, I was playing on November once... can't remember what server, but I'm guessing it was a HomeLan server... running away with the flag, about 130 health, and a full belt... started lagging with a defended chasing me... jumped backwards trying to fire a primary shot at the guy... ended up on the other side with about 30 health after I got done lagging... wondering what had happened, I asked the guy, and he was like... "Dude, you musta popped my secondary and launched yourself!" I just laughed after I realised it... brought it in for a cap after he kinda stood there wondering where I went :)

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
My good friends in Clan Dead Kennedys asked me to fill in for them in a scrimage against A-RSU 5v5.
Can't remember the name of the map (I'm so bad with map names) we were playing. It's the one with the two big sniper towers, the two bridges on either side, and the Sheild Belt in the rafters above the flag.

Anyway, DK is an IG clan, so they were not used to where things like the SB and the armor were -n- stuff. I figured I'd just play D. This guy (Weed-Fish or something) was playing Defense for them. We're (jokingly) talking a little **** to each other. RSU could not get out of our base with my flag. Likewise our team (with that fishy guy playing D) couldn't get out of thier base with the flag. I start talking more s-hit.
"Hey dopey, come get my flag!"
Dopy: "I can't, I'm on D!"
I was holding off everyone, playing some amazing defense.
I leave the flag area to re-supply, and what do I see???
THE ENEMY HAS YOUR FLAG! F1 real quick and I see it's that FISH guy. I beat feet outside to cover both exits. Here he comes out the left side. I begin the chase, get a little backup, and we took him out just shy of the bridges. WHEW! I head back to D-up.
0-0 still!
Finally at the one-minute-warning I decide it's time I make a move. Throwing caution to the wind I head out to make a flag run, leaving my base un-defended.
I make my way to the entrance of the Blue Base. Took out ARSU guy one on the way in. Make it to the flag room, suspicious?? No one's there! I grab the flag and start running. WAMMO Four RSU guys appear out of nowhere (I swear they came outta' my ass!!). I'm running turning around launching rockets, they are RIGHT ON MY ASS! Heart pumping, 30-second warning goes off. I start loading up a 6-pack of rockets. I get to the entrance to thier base, turn around, fire my 6-pack

"Double-KILL, MULTI-KILL
Peregrine is on a killing spree!"
I got 3 of them with my cluster! Got the fourth one, right after that.

I make it half way back, finally get some backup and scored the winning cap with 5 seconds remaining, keeping it from overtime.

ahhhh what a game that was!

GG's again ARSU and DK!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
So many... where to start...

Your first one, N3m3sIs, kinda reminded me of this, so...

DM-Spacenoxx FFA DM. LAN Game. I'm shooting at a friend of mine with the minigun, very low on ammo, so I head for the bounce pad. He was returning minigun fire, but I had plenty of life. I run outta ammo half way up to the RL, and as I was about to lose sight of him from the upper level floor, when I saw him start to follow. Immediately I switch to the hammer (for lack of another weapon), charge it, count to two and dodge forward. As I start the dodge, I hear him spit out an "Oh §hî†" shortly before he pops, in mid air, on low gravity, falls victim to my hammer.

[MUTTS] Hiteche5

Rodney-like
Jun 15, 2000
Groton, Connecticut....again
Visit site
Playing with the muTTs on FACE. In OT we got the flag...I'm playing Defense..The other team caps the flag and is making their way to thee top of the Base. I follow him but he gets a rocket off and sends me falling off the back side of the tower...as I'm falling I see the flag carrier and a guy controlling a redeemer I let the combo fly while I'm falling and I get both of them before I splatted..but we capped and won!!

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
I can't resist..

I gotta post this... This is a short clip of a lan game. A shock trade off. Just know, I did this with full intent of doing what I did. If you don't see what I'm talkin' bout, I'll explain if you ask.

Why my SR OWNS.
:shock:

[edit]By the way, that vid is at half speed. Game speed was at 100, vid recorded 60fps, then encoded at 30.[/edit]

Last edited:

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
That was my bad.

My server is linux powered, and it is case sensitive. I didn't realize I capped the vid name... I'm trying to change it, bit if I don't, I'll change the link. If you wanna copy the link, paste it in the address bar, change it manually, then enter, all you need to do is cap the o in owned.

I should hopfully have it fixed by the time you see this again anyways.

[edit]I renamed it on the server, should work now. At least it did for me.[/edit]

Last edited: