1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

n00b back "Loki" with a problem

Discussion in 'Unreal 2' started by i_am_Loki, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i_am_Loki

i_am_Loki god of mischief

Hey guy im back!!!

I got on XMP and got to play one game... I quit a little later to change my name and now i can't get back into it. It says somethin about not having enough free space on my hard drive.. I tryed to clean some stuff out but i still get the message... whats the best way to get back in quick?

Thanks

2. i_am_Loki

heres the full message i get if it helps?

"No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 1471 MHz with 255MB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 (5216)

Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

History: FMallocWindows::Malloc <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 00000000 -1968319232 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 275900640*24 <- TArray<< <- FServerQueryLink::OnReceivedData <- FUdpLink::poll <- AServerQueryClient::poll <- AMasterServerClient::poll <- AMasterServerLink::execPoll <- UObject::processEvent <- (MasterServerClient Entry.MasterServerClient0, Function IpDrv.MasterServerLink.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

Build: Jan 19 2004 14:03:03"

3. RLD

RLD Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.

4. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Were you trying to connect to Alpha's server? I get that message every time I try through XMP's server list. Must not be there anymore, wonder where they went...

5. i_am_Loki

6. jordanio

jordanio New Member

Whoa, I remember you, Loki. You used to be in SV, correct?

I'm -SV-Jordan.

7. GotBeer?

Not yet, it's still in beta. But it looks to beat U2XMP in the end. Oh wait, does that sound dirty?

8. i_am_Loki

ya i used to be in Southern Vengence... i remember u jordy :)

9. i_am_Loki

i dont wanna pay for UT2004 :p

10. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

I get that when i try to get on the alpha server... I have 20 gb free on the virtual mem drive1... and 90gb on the 2nd v mem \o/

11. ...andrelax

...andrelax SkyBum

me neither - ut2k4 is just no fun, but we're going to have to eventually if all the xmp players go there

12. GotBeer?

Will even Photoshop eat up 20gb?

13. ...andrelax

...andrelax SkyBum

well, clear some space off certainly. but have you changed your system swap file size?

control panel-system-advanced-performance settings - advanced - virtual memory - change

if you set it manually it could be that it's not enough. try telling it to do it itself, or choose a drive with tons of space and allocate a gig to it or something......

14. EQ²

EQ² Code Monkey

It also does that sometimes when trying to parse complex (colourised) strings with illegal chars in them. You say you quit to change your name - did you add any colour codes to it? Try deleting/renaming your MyUser.ini file or your MyU2XMP.ini which may contain some foul strings.

Also, next time don't just post the crash dump, as it's not much use. Post the last 50 lines or so of your U2XMP.log file, or better still add the whole file as an attachment. If it's a problem with your name I'd expect the game to reach the login stage and then bomb out, which the log file will show you.

The virtual memory thing is a bit misleading, although memory problems are worth checking out, but I think it's more likely to be a bit of faulty code rather than a problem with your setup. Unless you only have like 1KB of free space on your system drive ;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2004
  15. GotBeer?

I didn't want to pay for UT2K4 either, so I got somebody to buy it for me for Christmas.

You never answered whether or not it was only Alpha's server that gave you that error, but you should make sure you have enough virtual memory anyway. It's supposed to be faster if you set the minimum and maximum to the same amount yourself, instead of letting Windows adjust as needed. It used to be recommended to allocate 2.5-3 times your physical memory, but that's when most systems had 256mb or less. 1 gig should be fine, or go crazy if you have a lot of unused space. It's even better if you can put it on a seperate (fast) physical drive from your Windows install. So if you have 512mb, set both the minimum and maximum to 1536 or something like that (Windows wants the amount in mb, not gb). I set mine to 4000/4000, just because I have nothing else to do with that space (Windows kept asking me if I really wanted to use that much, by the way. Told me it was excessive.)

16. i_am_Loki

Yes it was only Alphas server

and to the other guy, (i dont know how to multiple quote) if i knew how to show a log file i probably would have done it. ;)

17. [DS] Calico

[DS] Calico Behind Jackal with a raging hardon.

dandel told me to clear out your cache folder and everything in the ini except the first line. about 7 or so months ago

18. /\ºÐZA

/\ºÐZA /\ºLpha Psychiatrist

SURE BLAME ALPHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL

19. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

Funny thing - it actually was only on clicking on Alpha's server that was the prob!

log file will be called U2xmp.txt in your u2xmp/system folder

20. GotBeer?

Alpha made my cat bald, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.