1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

N00B alert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Rabbit!, Apr 25, 2004.

1. The Rabbit!

The Rabbit! I'm so Cute it's Disgusting!

Greetings, I'm a n00b at this so please be kind. Is there a tutorial or someone that can walk me though making my own team emblem and putting it in UT 2k4? Do I need any special software? Am I in the wrong forum? Am I being silly? Ever wonder what it would be like if DOG actually spelled Cat? :lol: Thanks

The Rabbit!

2. SamMaster

SamMaster Master of the Super Weapons

Hmm... I don't know about this actualy... Could be interesting. Anyone?

3. Psycho_Leech

Psycho_Leech Hug meh

An interesting idea, but would it work for online play? Although I admit that it's unlikely to be used online though, except maybe for organised tournaments where different clans could design their own logos, then it would be a good idea.
    I guess I would like to have my own custom logo, I wonder where the information about team logos is stored.

4. soldat

soldat resident potato

we need spraypaint logos (decals)!

yeah, it'd be interesting to implement this for online play... perhaps a centralized server that stores all logos, and you can upload your own?

5. Postal

Postal I apear to have lost my pin.

You can make youre own logos, but I think for online, it would only work if youre the server. I forget where I saw how to do it though.

6. EvilDrWong

EvilDrWong Every line of code elevates you

Ok, i tried to post this yesterday but god killed my internet connection and i got tired of waiting for it to come back up, so i left.

The team symbol will probably have to be certain dimensions, but always power of two (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc) Im gonna say its either 128x128 or 256x256. You dont need anything special to make the team symbol, in fact, paint would even work. You'll want to make SURE its grayscale. White for the opaque parts, gray for the semi-transparent junk, and black for the fully unvisible stuff. Once you got your teamsymbol created you would then open up UED and import the texture into the game (not hard at all, just pick a package name and a texture name for it, viola!)
    From there, i believe all you would need to do is create a .ucl teamsymbol entry for it. But since you arent even at that part, lets wait till you get the rest done and finish this little lesson up at a later date :)

7. The Rabbit!

Ok... Um Dr. Wong. How do I do that? :( Is there something on the UT2k4 Tutorial disk that will show me how? This is prolly so simple that once I do it it's gonna be like (Smeck!) "That was Easy!" :eek: Thanks fer da help.

The Rabbit! (Doging is a GOOD thing)

8. EvilDrWong

hmm... there might be, but im not sure. Take a peek around at anything that has to do with texturing a model (figure thatll be the easiest place to find it ;) )

9. Postal

I say export one of the current ones, edit it to what you want, import it in a new package. Then find the int or ucl referecnes for it, and copy those.

10. SamMaster

Postal = smrt

11. Postal

I am so smart, I am so smart, S M R T, I mean S M A R T.

12. The Rabbit!

:confused: Um... Ok, but well uh... How do I get the texture out of the package, then set it up so I can edit the little guy? (Grabs head) All this editing stuff ARGH!!!! (Thrashes around on the ground) Ok enough drama. I can get the textures to show up in unreal ed. I can export em out as a DDS file, but I don't have the software to see the picture, or edit it. What do I need to do that?

13. SamMaster

Hmm... there are some programs that will convert those, but I usualy just use WoTGreal (.com) which has the best exporting suit I've seen for 2k3/2k4. Its also a very good editing program all together, though some hate it like the plague. All a matter of taste.

14. EvilDrWong

... and those with taste hate it like the plague ;)

15. Harmeister

Harmeister New Member

That's cold man, real cold... ;)

16. EvilDrWong

Out of freaking nowhere! +20 ninja points for that one ;)

17. Harmeister

Harmeister New Member

:) I scan through the forums looking for the keyword WOTgreal every once in a while to see if there are problems that I should know about which haven't been reported to me yet. This thread happened to fit the search criteria, so I jumped out of the shadows to defend myself :D

*Harm jumps back into the shadows*

18. ROFL 451

ROFL 451 Twisted Mind

Ok, it's not too complicated. Btw, WOTGreal is quite a good program, I use it to code.

#1. Download and Install WOTgreal
    #2. Open WOTgreal
    #3. Click on the "Tools" tab at the top
    #4. Click on "Advanced Exporter" (near the bottom of the list)
    #5. Select the texture package you want to export
    #6. Check the boxes by the textures in that package you want to export
    #7. Near the top, hit the little white folder with the text .bmp below it
    #8. Go to your UT200X folder and look for an "Images" folder - they should be in that folder, in many different sizes. The bigger the image size the better quality.

Once you have done that, contact us again and we will guide you through importing them again. ;)

Hope that helped

19. SamMaster

DrWong is just a bitter old man who still uses his cane instead of the remote

20. EvilDrWong

And thats the way i likes it!