1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Myscha's cut maps

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by Leo(T.C.K.), Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

This is not my find, it was found by Teflon recently:

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/19980128120514/http://news.unreal.org/index?start=180

Look at that post, it mentions at least 4 maps by Myscha we have never heard of, I guess that explains the unseen maps seen in the 97 xmas trailer.
    I have not found a way to contact T. Elliot Canon though.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  2. dinwitty

dinwitty DeRegistered User

might explain some unfinished passage connections in passage6 I think

3. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

I wanted to refer to this thread again especially since UB's trivia thread on USP now. Acerack was revealed to be Acerak later, this seems to be typo in the name when Myscha provided the answers on the IRC channel. Also it doesn't list all of his maps he might have made early on, it listed his current maps. So I am not sure if loche of the underflow wouldnt be his either.
    And as dinwitty pointed out it might explain some connections, but i'd say rather in fhub4 than fhub6, the big temple at the lake.
    But those maps he mentioned were his current maps in 27th December 1997. Then the cutting came I guess and many of those didnt make it to the "full betas" of 98.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. dinwitty

dinwitty DeRegistered User

probably the one reason your after the earlier beta, very interesting, maybe its out there somewhere...that would be a good find.

5. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

If I am not mistaken some maps in the "Unreal Levels" document were not in the game but seemed to be pretty thought-out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.