UE3 - UDK Mylevel packages

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

krummelur

May 24, 2011
Hello, I am new to ued3 and have gotten stuck on the package system.

I have created several textures and used them in materials in a test map, I am quite happy with the textures so I decided that I wanted to put them to use in another project I had already started.

However when I try to use them in other projects than the one they where created in Ued complains about references to other packages and wont save.
This wouldn't be much of a problem if I could just save the original package to a new package that I could open in the generic browser.

Is there a way to do this? I can export the textures but with materials I only get these **.copy files that seem useless and I really don't want to rebuild all of the materials from scratch in the new project.

please help, there just has to be a way to do this.

krummelur

May 24, 2011
Ok thanks for the answer, but is there any way to create packages that aren't inside a map file and then build the materials inside of that so I wont make this mistake again, I tried creating new packages but they all seem to get baked into the map file.

For example if I want to create a texture package to upload and share, how would I go about doing this?

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
When importing textures for material creation, make a package name that is not the name of the level in the dialog box that you ought to get. Then when you've imported at least one thing so the package is created, right-click on the package in the generic browser, choose to save it, and then save it in a logical place relative to levels (so, in Packages>Environments, or something similar). Just make sure you import them from the raw image files, and not from another package, be it level-internal or no, and you should be fine.