UE3 - General Mylevel embedding

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheKiller

RISING-DEAD.COM
Jan 14, 2011
Romania
rising-dead.com
Hey there, could anyone tell me how can you embed the .pal (Pallete) files,used in a .utx file into my level also?

I Have renamed each texture,putting it into mylevel,but what do i do about the pallete's?

they still remain in the old file requesting it

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Your post is hard to read. Are you using UE3 or UDK? If so, there is no longer a distinction between types of packages for textures, meshes and the like. (so no more UTX)
Sadly I have no idea what you mean by palettes.

Foufoune_Rose

ǝsoɹ‾ǝunoɟnoℲ
I find your lack of explanation disturbing.

I can't figure myself where you can manipulate .pal files.
I can find a "palette" module in the textures properties (between NormalLOD and UClamp), wich can be filled with a P8 textures (8bit palletized texture, a .bmp or .pcx files with a masked color channel). Those can be found in the "palettes.utx" file with UT2004.

Seems like it won't work. Maybe it's an old feature for using the fractal displacement.

TheKiller

RISING-DEAD.COM
Jan 14, 2011
Romania
rising-dead.com
Its your problem :p

I Have found the Pallete module,But when i tried to "Clear" the field it gave me an General error:

Code:
General protection fault!

History: FStaticTexture::GetTextureData <- myLevel.Black <- FBspDrawList::Render <- RenderLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UUnrealEdEngine::Draw <- (Cam=U2Viewport0,Flags=871270089 <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UEditorEngine::RedrawLevel <- UUnrealEdEngine::NotifyPostChange <- FObjectsItem::SetProperty <- FTreeList::SetProperty <- FTreeList::SetProperty <- FPropertyItem::SetValue <- FPropertyItem::OnClearButton <- WButton::InterceptControlCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Isnt there no way to Embed the pal files. or remove them completly ?

Foufoune_Rose

ǝsoɹ‾ǝunoɟnoℲ
TheKiller said:
Its your problem :p
130522676061.jpg

I've got the same error message with UT2004.
Like I said, palettes aren't used anymore.
There is no information about it on UDN.
According to UnrealWiki, it seems like it's used to share a 256 colors palette within a textures package.

Well, you aren't very helpful,
-Wich engine?
-Wich game?
-What for?
-How have you generated/imported those .pal?
-Is it a big concern for you, so far that your map is unplayable?
-Why would you deal with a 8bit channelization of your textures colors, when UT2004 support DXTC?

TheKiller

RISING-DEAD.COM
Jan 14, 2011
Romania
rising-dead.com
-Engine :UT2003... Version 2226
-Game: Land Of The Dead
-Whatfor: to embed the files corectly to the mylevel without using the pal file from the embedded file. said that already...
-I Havent imported them. they were just in some packages which i want to be part of mylevel
-the map is playable but i dont want the map request a file of a few thousands mb, just to request a dumb .pal file of a few bytes that is not needed...
-....... i dont need the .pal files :)

Foufoune_Rose

ǝsoɹ‾ǝunoɟnoℲ
TheKiller said:
I Have found the Palette module,But when i tried to "Clear" the field it gave me a General Error
In fact, I have the same message, but when I try to fill the entry.

The palettes thingy is shared with multiple textures. You shouldn't need to copy those informations, as I think they are natives to the game engine and located with the game files.

I guess that Land Of The Dead isn't well referenced. Post your progress as soon as you can, for the record.

TheKiller

RISING-DEAD.COM
Jan 14, 2011
Romania
rising-dead.com
The LOTD Game dosnt contain any .pal files that i know of.
but im using files bringed in game or created by other peoples that have .pal files inside the .utx files.... Postal 2: Share the Pain has alot of .pal files.....