1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

My UT GOTY turns right automatically :(

Discussion in 'Original Unreal Tournament' started by BeMyMonkey, Jan 18, 2009.

1. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Village Idiot

Hi guys,

I just installed UT GOTY on my new netbook, and it's given me an unpleasant surprise: As soon as you start a game, it starts to turn right slowly... as if there was a joystick attached, and someone was holding it to the right a little bit. However, Joystick options etc. are off in the game's preferences...

Turning off the touchpad doesn't help... and UT runs just fine on my girlfriend's netbook, which is pretty much exactly the same hardware (Atom N270, 2 gigs of RAM, intel 945 chipset...).

Any ideas what could be going on? I've run UT on a _lot_ of systems since it came out, and I've never experienced this problem...

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

Assuming that you are using an external mouse, have you tried disabling the touchpad whilst playing UT?

Edit: Just noticed that you did mention the touchpad - sorry!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  3. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Village Idiot

Hi IronMonkey,

I've found a solution - I just opened user.ini in the ut/system directory and removed all references to joystick axes... that seems to have fixed it.

Bit strange though, considering Joystick was disabled in the UT preferences, and I don't even have a joystick ;)...

4. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

Which netbook?

Which OS?

What sort of frame rates at 800x600 and using which renderer?

Just nosey. :)

5. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Village Idiot

Hi Ironmonkey,

Runs fine on both a Toshiba NB100-11R and my ASUS EeePC 1000H, both on 1024x600, everything high. Framerates are probably around 40-70, with dips into the high 20s when there's a lot going on (4-team-DM in DM-Pressure :D)...

Having some problems with lag that go away when I use another PC as a dedicated server - when one of us hosts the game normally and plays at the same time, we get pings over 150 over Ethernet, which is a bit screwy. Stuff like Counter-Strike 1.6 runs fine in terms of ping...

6. IronMonkey

IronMonkey Moi?

I haven't tried online but that is around what I'm getting with UT run through Wine on Fedora 10 (EeePC 1000 [not H]).

Thanks for the info.