MY thoughts on religion , homosexuality, and ethics

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
Reading some recent posts, and learning of new statements from the vatican has sparked some thought in this tiny speck of sentience.

allright first religion:

Its a personal choice on whether youre atheist, agnostic, mono- or polytheistic. I dont care. Personally I dislike organized religion because I think it breeds hypocracy, and hatred, and elitist mindsets. My main beef with most religions: they send something like 5 billion people to hell. and thats if we all died tomorrow. (which we may, who knows with the way the vatican is stockpiling ;) )
Personally I would like to think theres a god, but IM really not sure at this point if a) there is and b) what my related beliefs are.
I think you should do waht feels right for you.

Homosexuality:

Allright for the last time, Homosexuality is not a sin, this is just society picking on the minority. Seriously, it isnt a choice for many homosexuals; there is a gene which determines if you are or arent , not to say environmental issues cant push you one way or another. but there are examples of homosexuality all over the animal kingdom. are frogs seriously gonna go to hell for sodomizing one another? But I think no matter whether its a choice or a predisposition, theres nothing wrong with it. Its not my cup of tea, but just because it isnt doesnt make it wrong. Do you hate people for eating meat or conversely being vegan? no its all individual not up to others to decide whats right and wrong.

these two and the rest of my world view culminate in :

Ethics

Basically the gist of ethics is "No harm no foul" If youre not hurting anybody else its not "bad" . Homosexuals in consenting relationships are hurting nobody just as consenting heterosexuals dont hurt anybody. to say that someone is wrong for being different is inherently unethical because you harm them via means of slander. Seriously If it doesnt harm anybody its not wrong. For some people it is unethical to use drugs or engage in other activities, btu only in instances where their actions cause harm in others, but if they are functionial compassionate responsable human beings I dont care if they fancy space aliens its not wrong, its just different.
so this is the test for ethics Ill do it in a flow chart:

does it hurt anybody?
|
|
^
/ \

Dont do it <-----yes no -----> Do it if you want to

its not a dificult concept butso many people never learn it.

anywhoo feel free to respond

peace yall- Jon

GenoOfTheCrayon

l33t 14 year old with an iron sight RC50
Sep 30, 2001
Middleof Nowhere
Visit site
Good GOD, it's like you copy pasted all the thoughts I've ever had EVER.

One thing I find wrong with current laws is making suicide illegal. What does it matter that you kill yourself? If you're that far gone already, you won't be much of a help to society or any crap like that. It's not your government's property, it's your own, and you should be able to choose to end it whenever you want.

masamax

Spoon
Apr 10, 2001
Edmonton, Canada
www.rifts.cjb.net
Uh, just one thing; there is no gene for homosexuality. There are twins where one is gay and the other isn't. It isn't hereditary. It's neither an illness or genetic abnormality anymore then walking a certain way is. Somewhere between when you are born and you complete your puberty you become gay. It's not nessicarily a metal condition either. It's simply what you are.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
"Do you hate people for eating meat or conversely being vegan?"

yes, i hate those stupid vegetarians. Always fucking things up.

Anyway my stances:

Religion: screw it i've heard enough of this bullshit to last a lifetime. if it is true i'll probably rot in hell but you know what? I'm not really concerned. To me it is a method of control only topped by popular culture and Society itself.

Homosexuality: I understand where lesbians are coming from. The concept of a gay man does not make sense to me. Either way it isn't my place to tell them how to live, they can make their own decisions.

Ethics and Morality: I hate them too, i tend to find my thoughts varying between stable and psychotic faster than you can think the letter "I". Make me angry enough and all those feelings and constraints and everything keeping me from killing you goes away.

Life in General: There are lots of great things in this world, but the pressure on an individual is enormous. If i had a nickel for every night i went to bed hoping i wouldn't wake up, and every morning i woke up hoping to die i would be able to call Bill Gates poor by now. And despite it all it is worth it if you live life your way.

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Freon said:
that's just like that meat lover/vegan thing. no gene is needed.
Maybe no gene but for the vast majority it's not a matter of choice, unlike the descision to eat meat or not.

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Religion is bunkum. I don't care what any religious text or leader says because it's all bullsh t.

The notion that a collection of documents written a thousand odd years ago could contain the absolute truth is hysterically funny.

The continued existence of organised religion has more to do with political influence and it being everyone's favourite excuse for violence than anything else.

Ethicswise, I don't care what consenting adults do to one another provide it doesn't hurt non-consenting adults. The End.

masamax

Spoon
Apr 10, 2001
Edmonton, Canada
www.rifts.cjb.net
Hadmar said:
Maybe no gene but for the vast majority it's not a matter of choice, unlike the descision to eat meat or not.

If by vast majority you mean "Every single actual gay person" then yes, it's not a matter of choice. Many people are vegan by choice for ethical reasons, but some genuinely can't eat meat because it repulses them.

I'm quite astonished of what some in here are thinking about religion! If you live trusting there's a god, what way it may be, it doesn't have NEthing to do with hypocrisy.
me, i DO believe in God (see my sig) and i do so because of REASONS. (dont read this post in as an aggressive one, it ain't.) well i guess there's lots of ppl who abuse the belief for their dirty deeds, but i won't.
@spm: dont say religion is bullsh*t. it's just something you either like or you dont. for some ppl, it's really helpful- e.g. myself.

melagne

blah
Dec 6, 2002
SanDTiger_[FOOL] said:
I'm quite astonished of what some in here are thinking about religion! If you live trusting there's a god, what way it may be, it doesn't have NEthing to do with hypocrisy.
me, i DO believe in God (see my sig) and i do so because of REASONS. (dont read this post in as an aggressive one, it ain't.) well i guess there's lots of ppl who abuse the belief for their dirty deeds, but i won't.
@spm: dont say religion is bullsh*t. it's just something you either like or you dont. for some ppl, it's really helpful- e.g. myself.
I'm not religious myself, but I don't have a problem with religion, as long as it is not forced upon others or is abused for other purposes.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
masamax said:
If by vast majority you mean "Every single actual gay person" then yes, it's not a matter of choice. Many people are vegan by choice for ethical reasons, but some genuinely can't eat meat because it repulses them.
Well, yes, that's what I mean... kinda. It's like that: I don't belife it's a choice; actualy I know it isn't.
Howver, I'm not a scientist and my memory is realy of the crappy kind so before I say
"there's no single human on the planet who biologicaly is ambisexual but has a deep running hatred for the oposing sex (for what reasons ever) and so can only enjoy sex with partners of the same sex"
I realy prefer to say "vast majority".

PS.
About religion:
I don't belife there's a god. If you do that's fine with me. Live and let live. I like the concept of 'tolerance'. Just don't force your belifes on me (and that's why religion has no place in politics).

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
SanDTiger_[FOOL] said:

Wouldn't most reasonable people see telling others how to live (not referring to you directly) based on a false text which has no evidence to support it whatsoever BS?

Nightmare

Only human
Sep 23, 2001
Finland
Visit site
There are lots of people who shouldn't be allowed to raise children. The real problem is how to decide who they are, and who gets to decide it. Going that way may get us into the racial hygiene programs practiced by, among others, Hitler. Not a good thought.

That said, I don't think homosexual pairs have any business adopting children. Well, unless one of them is the real parent. Just because daddy ran away with another man shouldn't disqualify him from taking care of his children if mommy can't.